Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:19:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000?  (Read 10452 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 04, 2004, 11:39:41 PM »

On various boards, there has been much discussion about how Gore really should have won the election and how he ran a terrible campaign. So, here's my question, what did he do right?

Personally, his campaign team, lead by Donna Brazille did a great job at getting the vote out in Philadelphia, which helped him win PA.

First, I will say that Gore did a terrible job of getting out the African American vote in Phila.  I was watching.  I live about a mile from where Rev. Jackson showed up, and there was no upswing in the turnout.  Turnup was up from 1996 by about 25,000 votes but down nearly 90,000 from 1992, and down 118,000 from 1988.  Even taking into account the population loss, it was still not as good.

What he did do well was campaign in the GOP suburbs, where he won the state.  He appealed to the "soccer moms" and carried 2 of the three counties, which are Republican by large majorities.  There were hour delays at the polls there.  That was where he won PA.

Leiberman was stroke of genius that came within about 600 votes of winning the election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies