Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:38:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000?  (Read 10451 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: September 05, 2004, 10:53:46 AM »

He had a good GOTV effort in the midwest.  Pulled him above where he was polling there.

Avoided early panic.  WHen he was down big early in the campaign he did not panic and stayed on message.

Finally, he did not waste a lot of time or money in states that were out of his reach.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 04:39:51 PM »

He had a good GOTV effort in the midwest.  Pulled him above where he was polling there.

Avoided early panic.  WHen he was down big early in the campaign he did not panic and stayed on message.

Finally, he did not waste a lot of time or money in states that were out of his reach.

I think Kerry wasted some money in states such as Louisiana. From what I remember, Gore was never down more than 10 or 11 points however, I think Bush had about a 5 point lead most of the time.

He was down huge before the convention season.  Also went down 13 after the debates.

http://gallup.com/content/?ci=1216

There were some signs of life for Gore in LA.  CLinton had got over 50% there so the conventional wisdom was that Gore had a shot, even if hte polls were looking grim.

In the end, it was hopeless money.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 05:16:35 PM »

Gore made one huge mistake in debate #3.  When Bush was answering a question and Gore walked over to him while he was speaking and stood a foot from him staring at him.  He was trying to intimidate him.  It was a huge negative image and turned a win into a draw at best.

ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 08:07:02 PM »

Picking Lieberman was smart, it helped turn out the Jewish vote in Florida, which he WON! (Covers hears as Republicans burst with objections)

Yes, he clearly won the Jewish vote.  No argument here.

If you meant to say something else, you need to reword your sentence.

(I love being an English teacher.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies