Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:26:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Gore Do Anything Right in 2000?  (Read 10448 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: September 05, 2004, 09:21:15 AM »

On various boards, there has been much discussion about how Gore really should have won the election and how he ran a terrible campaign. So, here's my question, what did he do right?

Personally, his campaign team, lead by Donna Brazille did a great job at getting the vote out in Philadelphia, which helped him win PA.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 03:53:15 PM »

He had a good GOTV effort in the midwest.  Pulled him above where he was polling there.

Avoided early panic.  WHen he was down big early in the campaign he did not panic and stayed on message.

Finally, he did not waste a lot of time or money in states that were out of his reach.

I think Kerry wasted some money in states such as Louisiana. From what I remember, Gore was never down more than 10 or 11 points however, I think Bush had about a 5 point lead most of the time.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 08:04:02 PM »

Picking Lieberman was smart, it helped turn out the Jewish vote in Florida, which he WON! (Covers hears as Republicans burst with objections)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 09:05:34 PM »

Picking Lieberman was smart, it helped turn out the Jewish vote in Florida, which he WON! (Covers hears as Republicans burst with objections)

Yes, he clearly won the Jewish vote.  No argument here.

If you meant to say something else, you need to reword your sentence.

(I love being an English teacher.)

I should have bolded it then. ...Florida, which he WON I was saying he won Florida, partly because of the Jewish vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies