ATTN Governors: An Amendment has Passed the Senate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:15:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTN Governors: An Amendment has Passed the Senate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATTN Governors: An Amendment has Passed the Senate  (Read 6664 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 12, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »

So, does this mean the SoFA can step in and conduct regional referenda and amendments to the regional Constitutions, or just on federal votes?

The amendment empowers the SoFA to intervene in those situations, but only in cases where a vote on something would be required by regional law, and in cases where said law has been ignored for a minimum of 72 hours.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 02:06:02 PM »

Of course, it would be the Southeast that rejects this.  Because, of course, the Southeast was the reason I found it necessary to draft this amendment in the first place.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »

Why do I get the feeling Moderate moved to Colorado just for reasons like this Smiley

That & cake? Probably. Wink

Fringe benefits.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:36:28 AM »

I honestly don't understand how this amendment is controversial at all. If you don't open your friggin' booth, then someone else will do it for you. It isn't an infringement on regional rights, it's just a convenience. Last time I checked there is no clause in the Constitution that protects regions' rights to f**ck up.

There are three things required for the Amendment to allow the opening of a regional voting booth.

(1) The President has to agree to allow for it.
(2) The SoFA has to agree to allow for it.
(3) Existing federal and/or regional law has to require the opening of a voting booth, and the region in question needs to have neglected this responsibility for no less than 72 hours.

It's not an issue of anyone taking rights away from anyone.  It's an issue of the federal government giving the regions a helping hand in enforcing their laws when someone in said regions denies the voters their right to be heard as prescribed by federal or regional law.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »

Well, it appears that the measure will easily fail in the Southeast Smiley, but pass everywhere else Sad

I'm glad that I put the effort in to whip the Midwest vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies