have McCain and Obama already selected their VPs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:26:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: have McCain and Obama already selected their VPs?  (Read 972 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:01:10 PM »

I think so.  it seems unlikely that they are still debating with themselves into mid-August.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:03:41 PM »

Obama certainly has.  McCain is probably down to 2-3 people, and will make a final choice after Obama announces his.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »

Obama certainly has.  McCain is probably down to 2-3 people, and will make a final choice after Obama announces his.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »

McCain probably has his picked. Obama definitely does (since he'll be announcing it sometime next week at the latest).
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »

no.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »

Is there any public information to the effect that either candidate has done face to face interviews with the prospective VP candidates (other than McCain's BBQ in AZ a few months ago)?  That's something that frequently happens just a few days before the announcement.....presumably, if there is an interview, there's some possibility that the presidential nominee's mind can be changed by what happens in the interview.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:20 PM »

Yes and No. Obama has; McCain hasn't.

McCain is impossible to predict. He might go for a Lieberman pick, which be his giant middle finger to the GOP base. If he did that, I might consider voting for him.

Ridge won't fly because of the abortion thing -- but he might do it if he thinks PA is the key to winning the White House.

Portman scares me -- but he's Bush's budget guy, which scares McCain, too.

It's probably down to the boring MN guv who makes awkward sex jokes about his wife and the Michigan/Utah/Massachusetts/California pol who wears magic underwear.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »

Yes, Romney and Bayh.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 12:05:07 AM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they both know who their going to pick. Whether the VP nominees know they have been chosen yet or not is another story entirely.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 12:16:58 AM »

Yes and No. Obama has; McCain hasn't.

McCain is impossible to predict. He might go for a Lieberman pick, which be his giant middle finger to the GOP base. If he did that, I might consider voting for him....maybe me too

Ridge won't fly because of the abortion thing -- but he might do it if he thinks PA is the key to winning the White House.Lieberman has the abortion thing, too....if Lieberman is to be considered, Tom Ridge is easily in there

Portman scares me -- but he's Bush's budget guy, which scares McCain, too.

It's probably down to the boring MN guv who makes awkward sex jokes about his wife and the Michigan/Utah/Massachusetts/California pol who wears magic underwear.

Pretty much.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 12:29:07 AM »

Obama has. McCain has not.

It's fair to suggest that McCain is still considering two to three people to select as his running mate, whilst Barack Obama has selected his running mate but will not announce his selection until the conclusion of the Beijing Olympics. Thus, McCain will announce his selection shortly upon Obama's decision goes public.

I would have thought that both Barack Obama and John McCain would have announced their selections as their respective running mates, prior to the beginning of the Opening Ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. It would have made logical sense, especially if they're both selecting unknowns to the American public. As I have said before, I believe that considering that Obama and McCain have not made their selections public before the Olympics, I am left to assume that they have selected boring politicians which the everyday American knows.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies