This Election Is (Probably) Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:57:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  This Election Is (Probably) Over (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This Election Is (Probably) Over  (Read 23790 times)
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« on: August 19, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »

Yes the masses are indeed asses.

Wow...the problem with America is that the sans-culotte are not intelligent enough to elect a classic leftist to the office of President.

...and there you have it.

We ain't smart.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:25:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In other words, we ain't smart enough to see the big picture.

I got it.

We ain't smart like the liberals.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 10:37:02 PM »

I got it.

No, lots of McCain voters get swayed by stupid things like gay marriage, abortion and Obama not having a flag lapel. You have to be ing kidding me if those are legitimate reasons to not support Obama.

So...if it ain't important to a liberal, it's a stupid issue to everyone else.

We ain't smart...like the liberals.

Yet, they can't figure out how to win elections.

Go figure.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 11:23:05 PM »

I got it.

I don't think that is what he is saying. He is just saying that too many people get swayed by things like Obama being a possible muslim or Mccain possibly having a black baby. Most conservatives vote how they do not because they are dumb, but because of their ideology. But there are dummies on both sides of the aisle and they form a larger proportion of the population than I am comfortable with. More education is needed as always.

Let's begin with the obvious...or maybe not so obvious to some.

I am a pretty intelligent fellow...you don't know me, but I like to think that I am anyway.

I am intelligent enough to actually read this essay, and understand what the author is saying, without need for interpretation, but thanks anyway.

This essay, to me (and I am no right wing Conservative by any measure) is a clear insight into what is basically wrong with the liberal mentality.

This essay sets forth the idea that people are not sufficiently intelligent to pick their own government.

This...from the perspective of member of a Party that supposedly stands FOR the very same people that it now claims are not intelligent enough to elect their own President.

There is a level of smugness that permeates liberal philosophy in general, and THAT is what the people of America reject. 

This essay...a fear that McCain will win, drives the author to the conclusion that the  "masses are indeed asses" wouldn't have been written if the author didn't think that McCain being elected can only be attributed to the American people being too stupid to elect the more intelligent liberal candidate.

I can read what it said.

Democrats, the Party of the "real people" -- The DNC is featuring a selected few of what they describe as being "real people" in the Convention; a truck driver, a Mom, etc if I recall correctly, which makes me wonder whether the Democratic Party doesn't see multi-millionaire Ivy League attorneys as being "real people", and what an incredibly poor self-image that would expose to the world -- or at least the DNC's liberal wing, see themselves as better than the rest of us, and as such, more capable of making decisions for the masses, more capable of spending our money wisely, more efficient at even raising our kids.

And those are the common traits of both the liberal wing of the DNC, and the conservative wing of the GOP.

The Hell with flag pin lapels, abortion, and gay marriage...it's the wings of BOTH parties that  that give those issues undue emphasis; it's the majority of the American people who reject BOTH sides telling us that THEIR way is the only right way.

It's the majority of those of us who think that they are both insane who are rejecting them.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 11:46:30 PM »

Thanks for helping cement my point into place.

I couldn't have posted a better example to illustrate my post if I had made it up out of whole cloth.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 11:53:41 PM »

I nominate this for quote of the week!

No one is saying that Americans are too dumb to make a decision on the issues, what we are saying is that they are dumb enough to make dumb decisions based on dumb reasons.

Did I get it?
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 11:56:33 PM »

Well, THAT was obviously wrong.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »

Are you in charge of the dumbometer this week?

Can't you see that this idea that people who make decisions based on things that you (or liberals...or both and the same) don't consider to be important is "dumb" could be anything other than superior, arrogant, and elitist?
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 12:09:51 AM »

Americans are smart, but not smart enough to identify (and vote based on) the "real issues" as defined of course by liberals.

I got it!

We ain't smart....like liberals.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 12:13:34 AM »

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 12:15:49 AM »

My opinion is that it is their vote, to be cast as they see fit, and based on whatever reason they use to arrive at that decision.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 01:21:59 AM »

My opinion is that it is their vote, to be cast as they see fit, and based on whatever reason they use to arrive at that decision.

Yup keep saying that as long as it benefits your side. One day it won't. I wonder what you will say then.

The same thing I'm saying now.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 01:28:56 AM »

He may have been at one time, and if he was, and he's lying about it, that would bother me.

Don't politicians who lie about things like that bother you?

Or is a politician lying another of those "dumb" reasons NOT to vote for them?

Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 05:58:19 PM »

He may have been at one time, and if he was, and he's lying about it, that would bother me.

I'm not sure, but I have a questionable opinion of Internet posters who do not resource the substance/source of their links.

The substance is in the eyes of the beholder I guess, the information comes from an Associated Press article, and the Associated Press has confirmed that the picture is authentic.

Having said that, and putting aside the "religion Islam" part of the news, the name on the school registry is Barry Soetoro, an Barry Soetoro was an Indonesian citizen born in Hawaii, who studied the Qu'ran, not The Bible, while studying in Indonesia.

The evidence is mounting up, and Obama will have to explain some things to those "dumb" masses who are feeling less than confident about the man who would be President.

Obama is losing support he once had, and he's doing nothing to correct that.
Luis Gonzalez
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 06:01:02 PM »

Don't politicians who lie about things like that bother you?

Or is a politician lying another of those "dumb" reasons NOT to vote for them?

Yeah we all decided it was BS yesterday.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=81002.0

So, you all decide not only what constitutes a "real issue", but what falls under the definition of BS too?

This is one powerful group of people in this forum.

I hope I can keep up with you all!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies