DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:49:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING  (Read 6146 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2004, 12:33:04 PM »

Do you have any proof that the Swift Boat group is connected to the GOP? If not, then shut up.

1) They are funded by a major Bush campaign contributer.

2) Several members of the Bush team have had to resign for being exposed as having links to the "Swift Boat" group.

Hey StatesRights, people may be gullible but they aren't stupid!

A Bush contributer is not the Bush campaign.

They resigned so that the Bush campaign wouldn't look like it was connected (which it wasn't). No one made them resign.

Believing that there is no coordination between high profile PAC's and the candidates which they endorse is extremely naive.  It happens on both sides of the fence.  Sure, there isn't 100% control but you know that there is "blessing" and veto of actions.
elcorazon

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2004, 01:49:06 PM »

yeah, I'm sure that everyone who watched his speech would agree with you on that.  I  know Dubya is much smarter than Obama.  Obama probably wouldn't have gotten into college were he a white male, the most discriminated against group in this politically correct nation in which we live.  I just wish more ob/gyn's would be free to love their patients if those damn trial lawyers wouldn't get in the way of legislation that would help out the poor doctors.

/sarcasm.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2004, 02:21:16 PM »

I have no love for either lawyers or doctors. Lawyers are scum and I wouldn't trust most doctors with my dog much less myself.
elcorazon

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2004, 03:09:49 PM »

States and that guy from Illinois, try and keep it civil.  You've been quite rude in this thread.

Let's move the thread back to the original subject.  Isn't it horrifying the depths these swift boat vets go to?  Kerry would be wise to get the media to jump on the Osama accusations.
sorry, lunar, but states sometimes drives me over the edge; mea culpa if I went too far.

back on to your point:  if only Kerry had the power to "control" the media that the right seems to have, maybe he could do this.  sigh.
Shira

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2004, 05:08:43 PM »

The "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" are a thinly veiled front for a bunch of GOP shills.  Now they have expanded beyond just lying about Kerry's military record, now they want to start painting him w/ Bin Laden.

They might be the ones who would crown Bush to a second term
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2004, 05:12:10 PM »

sorry, lunar, but states sometimes drives me over the edge; mea culpa if I went too far.

Yeah, it's cool.  I see why you felt provoked, but it was stupid on both sides.  If you don't like certain posters, don't respond to them and don't read them.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2004, 05:19:37 PM »

Yeah, it's cool.  I see why you felt provoked, but it was stupid on both sides.  If you don't like certain posters, don't respond to them and don't read them.

Talk about a double standard. Typical.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2004, 05:22:01 PM »

I said you were both being rude.  He apologized for it and I said I understood why he got mad.  He statement about hate was also extremely rude and I understand why you replied with more vitriol.  Interpret any bias how you will.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2004, 05:24:26 PM »

This weekend I was in Washington DC and, being a Roman Catholic, thought it might be interesting to stop in at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (8th largest church in the world).

While there  I decided to light a candle (personal reasons).  I noticed, sitting on the kneeler in front of one of the shrines was a flyer.  On one side was a pic of John Kerry next to a pic of Osama Bin Laden with the writing "Stop These 2 Men Before They Destroy America".  On the flip side was the following writing, "Learn the truth about John Kerry before its too late" along with the contact info for "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth".

This digusted me on several levels.

1) A church is a place for the worship and glorification of God!  A church is NOT the place for political statement or the glorification of man (even if his name is Bush).

2) The GOP threw a fit about the very brief Bush-Hitler ad that a MoveOn.org member created.  The ad was immediately pulled and destroyed.  Now the GOP's group resorts to the use of the same sort of images?!?!?!

3) The "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" are a thinly veiled front for a bunch of GOP shills.  Now they have expanded beyond just lying about Kerry's military record, now they want to start painting him w/ Bin Laden.

At long last ... has the GOP no shame?  Have they no decency?

Walk into just about any Black Baptist Church....
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2004, 08:13:39 PM »

not to change the subject, but I really hate you statesrights.  Now go on about your business.  I only wish this board had an ignore feature.

Can't face the truth, huh?

You just received a compliment.

Now, if elcorazon had tried to say something nice about you, I would really wonder about you!

ROTFLMAO
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2004, 08:16:03 PM »

not to change the subject, but I really hate you statesrights.  Now go on about your business.  I only wish this board had an ignore feature.

Now, if elcorazon had tried to say something nice about you, I would really wonder about you!

ROTFLMAO

This dude hates me for some reason. I wonder how much I've made him bang up his keyboard. lol
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2004, 08:17:50 PM »

States and that guy from Illinois, try and keep it civil.  You've been quite rude in this thread.

Let's move the thread back to the original subject.  Isn't it horrifying the depths these swift boat vets go to?  Kerry would be wise to get the media to jump on the Osama accusations.

Lunar,

Now you are the one going overboard.

I posted a lengthy list of examples where, when challenged, Kerry has backed down from his Viet Nam claims, and the SBV have been correct.

Please heed your own advice and stop the name calling.

Oh, and can you get Kerry to allow the release of his Navy records?  The Washington Post has requested them, and Kerry has refused to allow their release.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2004, 08:20:32 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2004, 08:21:32 PM by CARLHAYDEN »

ROTFLMAO

This dude hates me for some reason. I wonder how much I've made him bang up his keyboard. lol

Its his misfortune.

People who blindly hate are blinded by their hate.

I wonder what he has to say about the Reverend Jesse Jackson's campaign techniques?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2004, 08:26:49 PM »

Lunar,

Now you are the one going overboard.

I posted a lengthy list of examples where, when challenged, Kerry has backed down from his Viet Nam claims, and the SBV have been correct.

Please heed your own advice and stop the name calling.

Oh, and can you get Kerry to allow the release of his Navy records?  The Washington Post has requested them, and Kerry has refused to allow their release.

So..you don't find Kerry-Osama accusations horrible?  I said it was a horrible depth they sunk to, offering my own opinion about a disgusting attack.  I called for civility in our own discussion, which had two board members insulting each other.  It doesn't quite make my a hypocrite to insult an abstract entity.

This thread isn't about whether Kerry earned one of his purple hearts, it seems silly to change the subject, it's about the Swift Vets comparing Senator Kerry to Osama Bin Laden.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2004, 08:47:12 PM »

You jumpted to conclusions where you suggested that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.  I don't know who prepared the literature you say you saw, the the Swifties have NOT compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.  

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are real people who put themselves on the line.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of the left slinging mud at this group, whose statements have in many instances been proven true.

Please correct the misimpression you have left the the Swift Board Veterans for Truth compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2004, 09:22:04 PM »

You jumpted to conclusions where you suggested that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.  I don't know who prepared the literature you say you saw, the the Swifties have NOT compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.  

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are real people who put themselves on the line.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of the left slinging mud at this group, whose statements have in many instances been proven true.

Please correct the misimpression you have left the the Swift Board Veterans for Truth compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.

I'm just assuming that Wakie was telling the truth in the first post of this thread.  Perhaps someone else besides the Swift Boat Vets were responsible, but either way it's disgusting.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2004, 10:08:33 PM »

Kerry is far from Bin Laden but I believe he would be soft on terror. He would take a Clintonesque type approach towards it. Very laissez faire and I believe that attitude is very dangerous in this day and age. As for campaigning in churches..it may not be tactful but it is fair game as Democrats have used the church as a soapbox for years on end.
elcorazon

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2004, 10:16:23 PM »

ROTFLMAO

I suppose I should try not to fly off the handle and for the most part I don't do much mudslinging, but I have to say that states is constantly posting with very little content yet flaming anyone who believes anything to the left of the Republican party platform.  Anyone with a strong opinion is a troll or a moron or worse and he starts threads merely to inflame constantly.  I was tired and moody today and likely despondent about the prospect of 4 more years under Bush (fearing the worst) and just  got angry at what were fairly tame posts from states.  I do apologize to those who prefer not to deal with such childishness, but the feelings were genuine.  

States, I'll certainly agree not to make such inflammatory remarks, but I must say, it'll be difficult to promise if your behavior doesn't change.

I suspect you enjoy stirring things up and don't really mean much harm most of the time, but on the internet it can be hard to see the humor in things.  

There are several liberal posters here who have strong opinions, but generally express them without inflaming anyone, yet states often denigrates them and maligns them.  Sometimes I just snap.

Anyway, that's all for now.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2004, 10:23:58 PM »

ROTFLMAO

I suppose I should try not to fly off the handle and for the most part I don't do much mudslinging, but I have to say that states is constantly posting with very little content yet flaming anyone who believes anything to the left of the Republican party platform.  Anyone with a strong opinion is a troll or a moron or worse and he starts threads merely to inflame constantly.  I was tired and moody today and likely despondent about the prospect of 4 more years under Bush (fearing the worst) and just  got angry at what were fairly tame posts from states.  I do apologize to those who prefer not to deal with such childishness, but the feelings were genuine.  

States, I'll certainly agree not to make such inflammatory remarks, but I must say, it'll be difficult to promise if your behavior doesn't change.

I suspect you enjoy stirring things up and don't really mean much harm most of the time, but on the internet it can be hard to see the humor in things.  

There are several liberal posters here who have strong opinions, but generally express them without inflaming anyone, yet states often denigrates them and maligns them.  Sometimes I just snap.

Anyway, that's all for now.

I do not try to start threads to inflame. I barely start threads to begin with. I think my thread about peoples feelings on communism on the left is fair. I believe their are communists on the left just as their are facists on the right. I don't like either group. Most of the posts I read here on a daily basis are smarta** quips or just funny comments. I have been maligned and attacked here just as anyone else on the left. I am just playing tit for tat. If you didn't have any opposition then what fun would it be?
elcorazon

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2004, 10:28:10 PM »

That's fair states.  I think you have crossed the line on occasion, but I suppose I have as well.  Let's just agree to try and be as civil as we can around here.  No hard feelings I hope.  
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2004, 10:33:14 PM »

That's fair states.  I think you have crossed the line on occasion, but I suppose I have as well.  Let's just agree to try and be as civil as we can around here.  No hard feelings I hope.  

Thats cool..we all cross the line when we have bad days. Smiley I respect you for your past few posts.
raggage

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2004, 07:29:19 AM »

I wonder what that would make a Keyes fan?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2004, 10:34:14 AM »

Exactly. And that includes spoofing the John Kerry for President logo for your fantasy campaign?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2004, 10:41:26 AM »

It's gonna get worse [roll eyes]!

Fed up with hearing about Fahrenheit 9/11, SBVFT ads, National Guard service, 'Unfit for Command' book, Kitty Kelley Bush family biog, 527s..........................

The only book, which would remotely interest me at this point in time is Senator Bob Grahan's 'Intelligence Matters'

Dave

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2004, 04:29:16 PM »

Exactly. And that includes spoofing the John Kerry for President logo for your fantasy campaign?

How is a fantasy logo a double standard? Quit eating that cat over there in china.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies