DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:54:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING  (Read 6248 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: September 07, 2004, 09:29:52 AM »

Do you have any proof that the Swift Boat group is connected to the GOP? If not, then shut up.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 09:38:45 AM »

Do you have any proof that the Swift Boat group is connected to the GOP? If not, then shut up.

1) They are funded by a major Bush campaign contributer.

2) Several members of the Bush team have had to resign for being exposed as having links to the "Swift Boat" group.

Hey StatesRights, people may be gullible but they aren't stupid!

Links? Cites? How about MOVEON.ORG being directly linked to the Kerry campaign? Of course Moveon.org is different right? Why is a former head of MOVEON.ORG working with the Kerry campaign.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 09:41:07 AM »

not to change the subject, but I really hate you statesrights.  Now go on about your business.  I only wish this board had an ignore feature.

Can't face the truth, huh?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 09:43:13 AM »

Typical that a Obama fan is a moron.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 09:46:51 AM »

How sad that campaigning has decended to the level of a children's playground.
This sort of thing makes me sway further towards Kerry.

Why do you leftists so easily forget what MOVEON.ORG has done for the past 3 years? This group of America Haters accused Bush of poisioning Floridians with Mercury back in 2002. Their is no way in hell one can die of mercury poisioning from fish in 1 year.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 10:03:24 AM »

How sad that campaigning has decended to the level of a children's playground.
This sort of thing makes me sway further towards Kerry.

Why do you leftists so easily forget what MOVEON.ORG has done for the past 3 years? This group of America Haters accused Bush of poisioning Floridians with Mercury back in 2002. Their is no way in hell one can die of mercury poisioning from fish in 1 year.

Oh please.  Provide a source for this ridiculous claim.

You are the most partisan person on here.  You really have crossed the line to troll status.

BTW, here are the links you asked for

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=231

usatoday.com/news/.../nation/president/2004-08-20-swift-boat-flier_x.htm

abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040824_2007.html

www.beaufortgazette.com/24hour/politics/story/1590213p-9209626c.html

And, for the record, my complaint isn't about the coordination between the groups.  My complaint is about the tactics.  Flyering in a church is NEVER acceptable.

Go to www.johnkerry.com and search "Moveon.org". You will find that one of Kerrys campaign people worked for HateAmerica.org.

Oh and I'm a troll!!!!!!!! Cool..but you are still a moron..wanker..opps Wakie.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 10:19:08 AM »

Go to www.johnkerry.com and search "Moveon.org". You will find that one of Kerrys campaign people worked for HateAmerica.org.

Oh and I'm a troll!!!!!!!! Cool..but you are still a moron..wanker..opps Wakie.

No, please provide a link to your ridiculous claim that MoveOn said Bush poisoned people with Mercury.

And yes, you are crossing into troll territory.  You flagrantly insult other members just for having opinions which differ from yours and you make outlandish claims without backing them up.

It was a television ad run back in 2002.

And if I am a troll so be it! I don't give a flip what you think about me. I'm still a Senator. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 10:33:06 AM »

What about black churches being campaigned in by Democrats for years on end?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 10:37:23 AM »

And, for the record, my complaint isn't about the coordination between the groups.  My complaint is about the tactics.  Flyering in a church is NEVER acceptable.

I agree.  Have you ever been to a black church?  I have been.  You find such things as voters guides alongside the newsletters and sometimes next to the hymnals.  Last time I went to one I was handed a flyer by the preacher.

How about Bill Clinton's recent speech during a church service?  I think that was 2 weeks ago.  Will you join me in condemning that.

Yes.  I will condemn political speeches in church.  I'll condemn Clinton's and Bush's speeches in churches.

I will give you credit for that. At least you are not completely living by a double standard.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 10:55:44 AM »

Trederick,

What's up with the spelling today dude?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 11:21:01 AM »

Ok ... where in there does it say Bush is poisoning people?  Where does it say someone will die after 1 year of exposure?

The ad blasts Bush for relaxing environmental standards, which he has.

That is not the exact ad. The tv ad said that President Bush has allowed mercury into our waters in Florida and that as the lady said "My father has been crippled by President Bushs' policies" and it showed a shot of her father in a wheel chair.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 02:21:16 PM »

I have no love for either lawyers or doctors. Lawyers are scum and I wouldn't trust most doctors with my dog much less myself.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 05:19:37 PM »

sorry, lunar, but states sometimes drives me over the edge; mea culpa if I went too far.

Yeah, it's cool.  I see why you felt provoked, but it was stupid on both sides.  If you don't like certain posters, don't respond to them and don't read them.

Talk about a double standard. Typical.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 08:16:03 PM »

not to change the subject, but I really hate you statesrights.  Now go on about your business.  I only wish this board had an ignore feature.

You just received a compliment.

Now, if elcorazon had tried to say something nice about you, I would really wonder about you!

ROTFLMAO

This dude hates me for some reason. I wonder how much I've made him bang up his keyboard. lol
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2004, 10:08:33 PM »

Kerry is far from Bin Laden but I believe he would be soft on terror. He would take a Clintonesque type approach towards it. Very laissez faire and I believe that attitude is very dangerous in this day and age. As for campaigning in churches..it may not be tactful but it is fair game as Democrats have used the church as a soapbox for years on end.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 10:23:58 PM »

You just received a compliment.

Now, if elcorazon had tried to say something nice about you, I would really wonder about you!

ROTFLMAO

This dude hates me for some reason. I wonder how much I've made him bang up his keyboard. lol
I suppose I should try not to fly off the handle and for the most part I don't do much mudslinging, but I have to say that states is constantly posting with very little content yet flaming anyone who believes anything to the left of the Republican party platform.  Anyone with a strong opinion is a troll or a moron or worse and he starts threads merely to inflame constantly.  I was tired and moody today and likely despondent about the prospect of 4 more years under Bush (fearing the worst) and just  got angry at what were fairly tame posts from states.  I do apologize to those who prefer not to deal with such childishness, but the feelings were genuine.  

States, I'll certainly agree not to make such inflammatory remarks, but I must say, it'll be difficult to promise if your behavior doesn't change.

I suspect you enjoy stirring things up and don't really mean much harm most of the time, but on the internet it can be hard to see the humor in things.  

There are several liberal posters here who have strong opinions, but generally express them without inflaming anyone, yet states often denigrates them and maligns them.  Sometimes I just snap.

Anyway, that's all for now.

I do not try to start threads to inflame. I barely start threads to begin with. I think my thread about peoples feelings on communism on the left is fair. I believe their are communists on the left just as their are facists on the right. I don't like either group. Most of the posts I read here on a daily basis are smarta** quips or just funny comments. I have been maligned and attacked here just as anyone else on the left. I am just playing tit for tat. If you didn't have any opposition then what fun would it be?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2004, 10:33:14 PM »

That's fair states.  I think you have crossed the line on occasion, but I suppose I have as well.  Let's just agree to try and be as civil as we can around here.  No hard feelings I hope.  

Thats cool..we all cross the line when we have bad days. Smiley I respect you for your past few posts.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2004, 04:29:16 PM »

sorry, lunar, but states sometimes drives me over the edge; mea culpa if I went too far.

Yeah, it's cool.  I see why you felt provoked, but it was stupid on both sides.  If you don't like certain posters, don't respond to them and don't read them.

Talk about a double standard. Typical.

Exactly. And that includes spoofing the John Kerry for President logo for your fantasy campaign?

How is a fantasy logo a double standard? Quit eating that cat over there in china.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 06:36:41 PM »

While I think Kerry is a bad example of a Catholic, I find any political litature in a parish other than litature that states the churches positions on issues is disgusting, and I am not surprise the Swift Boat Cowards and the "challenged" people that support them would resort to such tactics.

What about Democrats stumping in Black churches? Or do they get a free pass (as usual) because they are blacks?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 06:51:15 PM »

While I think Kerry is a bad example of a Catholic, I find any political litature in a parish other than litature that states the churches positions on issues is disgusting, and I am not surprise the Swift Boat Cowards and the "challenged" people that support them would resort to such tactics.

What about Democrats stumping in Black churches? Or do they get a free pass (as usual) because they are blacks?

I think Dems campiagning in black churches smacks of hypocracy and black churches should be held to the exact same standards as white churches are. Sadly the rules are not applied fairly.

The rules are different if you are black.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies