DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:59:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING  (Read 6244 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: September 07, 2004, 08:13:39 PM »

not to change the subject, but I really hate you statesrights.  Now go on about your business.  I only wish this board had an ignore feature.

Can't face the truth, huh?

You just received a compliment.

Now, if elcorazon had tried to say something nice about you, I would really wonder about you!

ROTFLMAO
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 08:17:50 PM »

States and that guy from Illinois, try and keep it civil.  You've been quite rude in this thread.

Let's move the thread back to the original subject.  Isn't it horrifying the depths these swift boat vets go to?  Kerry would be wise to get the media to jump on the Osama accusations.

Lunar,

Now you are the one going overboard.

I posted a lengthy list of examples where, when challenged, Kerry has backed down from his Viet Nam claims, and the SBV have been correct.

Please heed your own advice and stop the name calling.

Oh, and can you get Kerry to allow the release of his Navy records?  The Washington Post has requested them, and Kerry has refused to allow their release.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 08:20:32 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2004, 08:21:32 PM by CARLHAYDEN »

not to change the subject, but I really hate you statesrights.  Now go on about your business.  I only wish this board had an ignore feature.

Can't face the truth, huh?

You just received a compliment.

Now, if elcorazon had tried to say something nice about you, I would really wonder about you!

ROTFLMAO

This dude hates me for some reason. I wonder how much I've made him bang up his keyboard. lol

Its his misfortune.

People who blindly hate are blinded by their hate.

I wonder what he has to say about the Reverend Jesse Jackson's campaign techniques?
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 08:47:12 PM »

You jumpted to conclusions where you suggested that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.  I don't know who prepared the literature you say you saw, the the Swifties have NOT compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.  

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are real people who put themselves on the line.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of the left slinging mud at this group, whose statements have in many instances been proven true.

Please correct the misimpression you have left the the Swift Board Veterans for Truth compared Kerry to Ben Ladin.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 09:38:17 PM »

While I think Kerry is a bad example of a Catholic, I find any political litature in a parish other than litature that states the churches positions on issues is disgusting, and I am not surprise the Swift Boat Cowards and the "challenged" people that support them would resort to such tactics.

First, there is NO credible evidence that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth placed the material in the church.

Second, there is NO credible evidence that they had ANYTHING to do with the Osama allegation.

Third, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have more medals and more service than Kerry, so knock of the "cowards" lie.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 08:56:09 PM »

I agree that both should be looked down upon.

But perhaps the justification isn't that they're Black, but because of the different atmosphere in a Black church.  In addition to the atmosphere, a candidate in a Black church often talks about civil rights while one in a White church will talk more about controversial religious issues and will appear much more like a preacher in any video clips.

I'm trying to fathom the reasoning behind your post.

Is it ok for a politician to speak about non-religious issues in a church but not ok for a politican to speak about religious issues in church?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies