Is NC senate race going to turn out like VA in 2006? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:32:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is NC senate race going to turn out like VA in 2006? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is NC senate race going to turn out like VA in 2006?  (Read 3586 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: August 23, 2008, 01:01:14 PM »

It almost happened in Kentucky in 2004, too.

Of course that's no guarantee of another repeat. And it wouldn't have to be NC, either. (Fingers crossed for that ass Cornyn to screw up everything he can between now and election day)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »

Of course that's no guarantee of another repeat. And it wouldn't have to be NC, either. (Fingers crossed for that ass Cornyn to screw up everything he can between now and election day)

Only problem is that North Carolina is not Kentucky.  Doesn't mean that it can't happen, but Bunning has always been a weaker candidate in reality than he appears on paper (kind of the opposite of McConnell).  Who knows about Dole?

And Texas certainly isn't Kentucky.  Smiley  Besides, Noriega has to get money to be able to run a campaign first and foremost. 
Did Mongiardo have money?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »

Only problem is that North Carolina is not Kentucky.  Doesn't mean that it can't happen, but Bunning has always been a weaker candidate in reality than he appears on paper (kind of the opposite of McConnell).  Who knows about Dole?

And Texas certainly isn't Kentucky.  Smiley  Besides, Noriega has to get money to be able to run a campaign first and foremost. 

Bunning raised/spent about $6.5 million.  Mongiardo raised/spent about $2.9 million.

At present, Cornyn has raised about $16.4 million, with about $9.4 million CoH.  Noriega has raised about $2.4 million, with about $900K CoH.
Okay, so the answer is "yes". Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »

Bunning raised/spent about $6.5 million.  Mongiardo raised/spent about $2.9 million.

At present, Cornyn has raised about $16.4 million, with about $9.4 million CoH.  Noriega has raised about $2.4 million, with about $900K CoH.
Okay, so the answer is "yes". Smiley

I know, I know.  But I thought a detailed description of both situations might help a bit.  Smiley
Yeah, it did. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 04:24:35 AM »

Lewis, your new screen name reminds me of a fellow who used to post on the 2008 boards ... I can't remember his name, but his posts were full of gloom and doom and about how all the presidential candidates were awful.

And then there was his priceless sig (paraphrased): "We are all doomed.  The only hope I have is  that the rest of my life is as painless as possible."

Sorry to go off topic there.  As for the NC Senate race, lol.
It's short for "Let's Give Up and Listen to Shitty Bands", which is from a song but which the Forum Censor won't let me use.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies