What will be the closest senate race this year? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:54:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What will be the closest senate race this year? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What will be the closest senate race this year?  (Read 6314 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: August 27, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

Which Senate race will be the closest? I say any one of these three, MN, OR or NC wil be.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »

New Hampshire

Josh please stop spamming with threads about how excited you are that some summer polls suggest your state could be close.  May I refer you to the 2006 race between Kean and Menendez?

VA in 2006?? Can look at them polls.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »

New Hampshire

Josh please stop spamming with threads about how excited you are that some summer polls suggest your state could be close.  May I refer you to the 2006 race between Kean and Menendez?

Big difference.  Allen had a number of huge gaffes, which Dole hasn't had.  Also, there was no Presidential race, and in August, Allen led by 4; it only got close in October.

Ok well maybe it not that close to VA, but the end result will be. The fact is Obama camp will bring out voters for him that will vote for Democratics down the ticket. That spells an Hagan win.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 06:17:09 AM »

New Hampshire

Big difference.  Allen had a number of huge gaffes, which Dole hasn't had.  Also, there was no Presidential race, and in August, Allen led by 4; it only got close in October.

Ok well maybe it not that close to VA, but the end result will be. The fact is Obama camp will bring out voters for him that will vote for Democratics down the ticket. That spells an Hagan win.
Differences between NJ and NC. Menendez was under federal criminal investigation.  NC has a history of electing democrats and NJ last elected a republican in 1997.  The DSCC is slotted to pour $7,000,000+ into NC.
All that you say points to Dole winning as she isn't under federal investigation, Kean got money, and Democrats in North Carolina are slowly going the way of Republicans in NJ
No....Menendez was only losing within margin of error because he was under F.C.I. You spoke of summer polls and he had a reason to be that close. NC wont have a prob electing a dem. Do I think it will happen at this point? Probably not. Is it comparable to NJ? No.

DWTL please don't talk about NC politics, you have no clue what you are talking about. NC will soon not elect Democrats haha! To bad our US house, State Senate, State house, Governor, LT. Governor almost all the Elected State offices are Democrats.....
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:48:58 AM »

How is asking what races will be the closest this year spamming?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 09:22:45 AM »

Because this is about the 5th thread you've created in the last few days discussing your pipedream that Dole is going to lose.  Weren't you going to leave?  That one day was really great, intelligence reigned supreme on this forum

No it did, because you are still on the forum. Also I didn't make this for that reason. The fact is I said the senate race in NC will get closer as the election goes on, every one said I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about. Now the polls show it is a close race. I guess I was right.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »

Because this is about the 5th thread you've created in the last few days discussing your pipedream that Dole is going to lose.  Weren't you going to leave?  That one day was really great, intelligence reigned supreme on this forum

No it did, because you are still on the forum. Also I didn't make this for that reason. The fact is I said the senate race in NC will get closer as the election goes on, every one said I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about. Now the polls show it is a close race. I guess I was right.
No, your not right.  These polls are just as irrelevant as the ones before.  Are you that ignorant or just blind to the facts?

So when are the poll relevant? When they show what you want to see?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 06:12:09 AM »

So when are the poll relevant? When they show what you want to see?
No, but would be your outlook.  There not relevant until late September, early October at the least

Ok, that fair. But if the polls stay it is close then, will you say I was right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies