Wow, Hillary just plunged the convention into CHAOS! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:33:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Wow, Hillary just plunged the convention into CHAOS! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wow, Hillary just plunged the convention into CHAOS!  (Read 15528 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 27, 2008, 06:45:15 PM »

Wow, what a disaster! Did you just see how Obama barely got a majority of the votes? Remember when those Hillary delegates staged that massive walkout? This uconvention is in extreme disarray and disunity!

We should've listened to J. J.!

They just made a very big mistake.  Obama will not get the PUMAs.

I hope your predictions are as right as they were before. I just went on Hillaryis44.com and I read on how many people were posting. There was about 20 people posting a huge amount. I expect they, like the PUMA's, are really a smaller group of baby's than we think they are.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »

I do think it is interesting how Pelosi quickly went from "All those that oppose the [voice vote]?" and went quickly into "2/3 have accepted the motion" ... never giving a chance for any "no's" to be heard.

They did that every time they asked for a acclamation vote. Including procedural matters...
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 01:17:30 PM »

Please note J. J. has attempted to spin EVERY SINGLE THING at the convention, even the almost universally received things like Michelle Obama's speech.

BRTD, I've posted a couple of times now how much I like Michelle and her speech.  She defined herself and her life experience very well.  I've also said that she seems like the most real person in either campaign.  Only a complete hack, or an illiterate, could call that negative.

I think are some shortcomings in the convention so far.  Not enough red meat attacks is one of them; that is not exactly anti-Obama, and we've other commentators saying exactly thing.

The second problem is, the convention has not defined Obama the person.  I think that is a mistake because it will let the GOP define him (not accurately).

Comments like these are the type which shows that no matter what ever happened in the Convention, no matter how successful it was, J.J. would find something to criticize about it. Heck, if it had to come down to it, J.J. would probably have resorted to saying something like: "Hillary isn't wearing the right pantsuit for this speech, it doesn't resonate well with the men audience." 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies