Why Palin Works (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:41:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why Palin Works (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Palin Works  (Read 18084 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: August 29, 2008, 10:11:41 AM »

Tactically, it seems smart to me for many of the reasons you list above (esp. neutralization of Biden).  I can't say it's a strong pick until I watch her on TV, which I'll get the chance to in about 50 minutes.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 10:23:59 AM »

I've never seen a VP pick lose or win the Presidency since Johnson in 1960, maybe (and that was for different reasons.  I doubt that will change this year.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 10:33:44 AM »

Tactically, it seems smart to me for many of the reasons you list above (esp. neutralization of Biden).  I can't say it's a strong pick until I watch her on TV, which I'll get the chance to in about 50 minutes.

Ditto. Also she is not qualified to be president on paper. She will have to rebut that presumption.

We shall see.  I personally think that is less important, though GM3 obviously disagrees with me and I guess you do too.  Anyway, that's part of the reason why we have to see her on TV first.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:51:19 AM »

Well, she's quite charming and feisty, and of course wholesome as all get out. She didn't demonstrate she knew anything about national issues however in her speech, probably because she doesn't. I hope she is a quick study.

Agreed.  I thought the speech, however, was quite well delivered.  In that, it appears that I disagree with others.

She needs to stop clapping into the microphone, however.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »

Well, she's quite charming and feisty, and of course wholesome as all get out. She didn't demonstrate she knew anything about national issues however in her speech, probably because she doesn't. I hope she is a quick study.

Agreed.  I thought the speech, however, was quite well delivered.  In that, it appears that I disagree with others.

She needs to stop clapping into the microphone, however.

The speech was quite well delivered and was without a teleprompter. Her voice quality is slightly irritating, but in a way that is part of the charm. She has this odd bit of a Wisconsin like accent for some reason. The issue is whether she will have the right stuff, when the knuckle balls get tossed her way by the rapacious press. Her task will be to demonstrate that she has the ability to ramp up with some alacrity. Chatting about reform and how great McCain is, will only get one so far.

Ah, so we agree completely.  Smiley  Interesting to see the women at MSNBC go ga-ga over the pick, while the men are quite negative.  Wonder what Olbermann will say.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:03:36 PM »

I stopped caring about what Keith Olbermann says a long time ago.

It's for humor purposes only, you know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies