Why Palin Works (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:12:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why Palin Works (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Palin Works  (Read 18100 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 29, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »

Tactically, it seems smart to me for many of the reasons you list above (esp. neutralization of Biden).  I can't say it's a strong pick until I watch her on TV, which I'll get the chance to in about 50 minutes.

Ditto. Also she is not qualified to be president on paper. She will have to rebut that presumption.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »

Well, she's quite charming and feisty, and of course wholesome as all get out. She didn't demonstrate she knew anything about national issues however in her speech, probably because she doesn't. I hope she is a quick study.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »

Well, she's quite charming and feisty, and of course wholesome as all get out. She didn't demonstrate she knew anything about national issues however in her speech, probably because she doesn't. I hope she is a quick study.

Agreed.  I thought the speech, however, was quite well delivered.  In that, it appears that I disagree with others.

She needs to stop clapping into the microphone, however.

The speech was quite well delivered and was without a teleprompter. Her voice quality is slightly irritating, but in a way that is part of the charm. She has this odd bit of a Wisconsin like accent for some reason. The issue is whether she will have the right stuff, when the knuckle balls get tossed her way by the rapacious press. Her task will be to demonstrate that she has the ability to ramp up with some alacrity. Chatting about reform and how great McCain is, will only get one so far.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »

The speech was quite well delivered and was without a teleprompter.

Really good to know. Thanks.

She has a lot of self confidence. She isn't afraid of anybody. That was quite well projected I thought. And she can do it without seeming to be a castrating bitch. Not every female politician can do that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies