Why Palin Works (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:16:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why Palin Works (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Palin Works  (Read 18101 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 29, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »

We shall see.  I personally think that is less important, though GM3 obviously disagrees with me and I guess you do too.  Anyway, that's part of the reason why we have to see her on TV first.

I'm very anxious to see how she does.  This is perhaps the most important speech of the campaign.  She does well, she's a legit choice.  If she screws it up somehow, McCain looks horrible and suffers a permanent setback.

BTW, what the hell is up with a bad cover of Paralyzer?  Seriously?  I can't think of many more songs more inappropriate for a VP unveiling.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:02:36 AM »

It works because it was unexpected. As I said in the other thread, as much as I like Biden, McCain wins the VP announcement game.

It also totally and completely sucked the air out of Obama's historic speech last night.  He got 12 hours of coverage, and most of those 12 hours were while people were sleeping.  Didn't even make it to the nightly news broadcasts.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »

Oh, Jesus H. Christ, are we really going to get into this "nuclear" garbage again?

I say it "wrong" and I graduated with a friggin' degree in Engineering.  I feel it's a legit regional variation, and those who get so upset about it just come across as prissy English teacher types who insist everything be done their way.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:03:24 PM »

As brutally negative as he'd have been about any Republican pick.  He's so terribly predictable that it's not even worth caring about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies