Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:23:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Poll
Question: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
Yes.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 128

Author Topic: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?  (Read 26248 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2008, 02:31:32 PM »

Aizen, apologize.  That's a horrible thing to say.  All us Democrats hope she loses.  But she's a classy lady and, evidently, pretty intelligent and compassionate. 
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2008, 02:33:07 PM »

God is an agent of change Sbane, just like "the Messiah." He gets bored and stirs the pot. I hope that helps you with some of this.

BS Tongue

That is why you and I are ending up in the same place, even though you expect miracles right here on earth in the interim, while all I expect is tax bills. Smiley

Haha well at least I can see my "messiah" and I know for sure he is real. Well I guess since I haven't seen him in person....hmmmm.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2008, 02:34:01 PM »

Teaching ID in classrooms would be a disservice to science and the kids themselves. You want to teach it in a church or a philosophy class that's fine, but if anyone tries to teach my kids creationism I will get way more "pissy" than I am right now.

Someone needs to chill!

By the way, this attitude is just as annoying as those that could factually claim that evolution is still just a theory and shouldn't be passed off as fact.

Oh I'm straight chillin' dawg don't you worry about it. So the truth is annoying to you? lol.

What truth? Did you even read about my stance on this or are you being your usual self?

Oh vow you admitted that ID should not be taught in "science" classes. But still kids must be informed somehow that some retards out there won't accept science? Wow a great leap you have made sir. Do you want a cookie?

Dude, you're a massive douche.

Aizen, apologize.  That's a horrible thing to say.  All us Democrats hope she loses.  But she's a classy lady and, evidently, pretty intelligent and compassionate. 

Nice party.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2008, 02:37:51 PM »

This pick pisses me off incredibly. Palin is not a fighter. She has done nothing to earn this position. Nothing.

Hillary has worked on health care for decades. She has fought for decades. She put up with her philandering husband. She has worked her heart out in the Senate for 8 years, and worked her heart out on the campaign for herself, and now again for Obama. She is competent, smart, and qualified, and would have been a kick ass President. And what does she get? Nothing. And why? She is polarizing because she is a liberal feminist, not a hypocrite.

jmfcst is right. Palin is a "traditional" submissive woman. This is why she will be loved. Her advancement is only for herself. This is why she is in this position despite having done sh*t compared to Hillary.

What an insult. What an insult.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2008, 02:38:07 PM »

Teaching ID in classrooms would be a disservice to science and the kids themselves. You want to teach it in a church or a philosophy class that's fine, but if anyone tries to teach my kids creationism I will get way more "pissy" than I am right now.

Someone needs to chill!

By the way, this attitude is just as annoying as those that could factually claim that evolution is still just a theory and shouldn't be passed off as fact.

Oh I'm straight chillin' dawg don't you worry about it. So the truth is annoying to you? lol.

What truth? Did you even read about my stance on this or are you being your usual self?

Oh vow you admitted that ID should not be taught in "science" classes. But still kids must be informed somehow that some retards out there won't accept science? Wow a great leap you have made sir. Do you want a cookie?

Nice party.

Phil,  if I hear more of this "bitch" talk, I will just go away.  I am disgusted with these kinds of epithets and labels.  I hated when people called Hillary a "c**nt" or a bitch.  And it sickens me that Palin is being called that.  

While Republican jackasses make me want to roll up my sleeves and fight, jackasses from my own party make me want to hide.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2008, 02:40:17 PM »

While Republican jackasses make me want to roll up my sleeves and fight, jackasses from my own party make me want to hide.

Jackasses symbolize your party in more ways than one these days.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2008, 02:41:37 PM »

Well I think creationism should be taught in science class now that I think about it. Is anyone perspicacious enough to fathom why I say this? 
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2008, 02:44:05 PM »

Well I think creationism should be taught in science class now that I think about it. Is anyone perspicacious enough to fathom why I say this? 

Because science clas should discuss discarded theories and superstitious and frame them in the context of advances in thoughts and experiments.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2008, 02:45:03 PM »

JS, I worry as things unfold, that by the time of the election, you and I will be the only examples on the forum, where a Republican and a Democrat are still friendly with each other. Smiley Sad
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2008, 02:46:42 PM »

[
Ah, yes. I can't keep track of the names these days.

"Intelligent design" might not be purely scientific but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be discussed. I am totally in favor of an education plan that focuses mostly on evolution. Believe it or not, we big, bad, backwards Roman Catholics believe in evolution! Shocking, right?

However, we do believe in God having a role in it. I don't see what is so wrong with informing students that these are mainstream beliefs in how man came to be. Maybe it shouldn't be in "science" class. I guess we have to be even more PC and create another department for it.  Roll Eyes

It shouldn't be in science class, and it's not PC at all. It's S(cientifically)C. You don't need another department. It comes up in social studies class, where things like the history of science or systems of belief have a natural fit. I was raised Roman Catholic so no I am not shocked nor do I think anyone is bad.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2008, 02:56:02 PM by Torie »

Because science clas should discuss discarded theories and superstitious and frame them in the context of advances in thoughts and experiments.

Pretty close. It should be discussed as to whether or not it is science. Is it subject to the scientific  method? Is it potentially falsifiable based on experimentation and new data?  Students will obtain a better  understanding of when theories and hypothesis can be labeled scientific ones, and when they cannot.

Unfortunately, my little approach is not reasonably calculated to win many creationist friends I don't think. Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »

JS, I worry as things unfold, that by the time of the election, you and I will be the only examples on the forum, where a Republican and a Democrat are still friendly with each other. Smiley Sad

Don't forget those outside the US Smiley We can afford to take a back seat and simply watch the ping-pong.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2008, 02:51:55 PM »

Creationism should definitely be debated in colleges across our country. But not in intro science classes and most definitely not in High school. Kids need to be taught in that phase of their education, not have debates. If you are a bio major then you can discuss this in your fourth year or if you do postgraduate studies in the field.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2008, 02:51:58 PM »

I dunno Torie, but if people start calling this woman a bitch...I am gonna keep bitch slapping them.  She's a wonderful person who is dead wrong on a lot of issues.  Leave it at that.

As to you and I being nice to each other, shut up you Fascist,  narrow-minded, bigoted, religious nut.

Sincerely,

The America-hating, baby killing, devil-worshiper!  :-)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »

Don't forget those outside the US Smiley We can afford to take a back seat and simply watch the ping-pong.

Ya, but you ain't a Republican or a Democrat. You're a wet Tory!  Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2008, 02:52:54 PM »

Ya, but you ain't a Republican or a Democrat. You're a wet Tory!  Tongue

Come in! The waters fine Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »

As to you and I being nice to each other, shut up you Fascist,  narrow-minded, bigoted, religious [Godless] nut.

Fixed it in the interests of accuracy. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2008, 02:56:12 PM »

Pretty close. It should be discussed as to whether or not it is science or not. Is it subject to the scientific  method? Is it potentially falsifiable based on experimentation and new data?  Students will obtain a better  understanding of when theories and hypothesis can be labeled scientific ones, and when they cannot.

Unfortunately, my little approach is not reasonably calculated to win many creationist friends I don't think. Smiley

If a candidate for president said creationism should be taught just so kids can see how hopelessly backwards ancient peoples were, that person would instantly win my vote. Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2008, 02:58:31 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There fixed. Of course it doesn't flow that well now does it? And that is the reason why I called her the B word. Now except for this creationism thing, I don't find there to be anything that wrong with Palin. I may disagree with her but she is a lot better than most conservatives. She stood up to the corrupt Alaska republicans and for that she needs to congratulated. And she's hot to boot. So we will either have our first black president or our first hot veep. I'm liking this election. Smiley
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2008, 03:03:58 PM »

As to you and I being nice to each other, shut up you Fascist,  narrow-minded, bigoted, religious [Godless] nut.

Fixed it in the interests of accuracy. Smiley

Oh, I know you're an Atheist.  But I was engaging in a political attack.  So solely for those purposes, you're a Bible thumper.

Sorta like Obama is a Muslim and McCain wants to take food out of the mouths of hungry babies.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2008, 03:06:40 PM »

Someone needs to chill!

Sorry but teaching creationism to me is akin to teaching that gravity doesn't exist. It's just mindblowing so I am sorry if I come off as a douche. But I thought I was an elitist. Oh well.... Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2008, 03:14:08 PM »

Pretty close. It should be discussed as to whether or not it is science or not. Is it subject to the scientific  method? Is it potentially falsifiable based on experimentation and new data?  Students will obtain a better  understanding of when theories and hypothesis can be labeled scientific ones, and when they cannot.

If a candidate for president said creationism should be taught just so kids can see how hopelessly backwards ancient peoples were, that person would instantly win my vote. Smiley

Kids are already taught that. It's called history class. Torie's flexible little mind is talking about science class.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »

If you had no idea where Yahoo stood politically before, all you would have to do is take a look at their homepage for the past 5 days.  What a bunch of hacks.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2008, 03:18:01 PM »

No way, no how. She has very little executive experience, she has very little experience with affairs outside of Alaska, and the list goes on.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »

This is pretty cute. A thread of our country's potential ruin has been hijacked by those who want to talk about whether kids should be taught to think that it is plausible that the world is only 5806 years old.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies