Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:05:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
Yes.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 128

Author Topic: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?  (Read 26255 times)
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« on: August 30, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »

Is she qualified? I would say not as much as I would like, but can she do it yes. Just like Sen. Obama, he isn't as qualified as people would like, but I believe he can be a good President.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 05:03:46 PM »

Another anecdotal: my mother loves Hilary (and Bill) Clinton, and absolutely hated Obama in the primaries, though she's come around to an extent. She's still hostile to Obama though, and has said that, while she supports the Democrat, she wouldn't mind a McCain victory. But she is completely opposed to the Palin pick. She's especially angry that Palin talked about the glass ceiling and Clinton's work to break it in her speech yesterday, as my mom believes that Clinton is entitled to be the first woman to become president, and thinks that Palin coming along from nowhere with no accomplishments to steal Clinton's spotlight is disgusting.

Sen. Clinton isn't entitled to anything and when the Clinton supporters get that in their heads the world will be a much better place. The fact is Gov. Palin would be a much better President then Sen. Clinton.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »

Another anecdotal: my mother loves Hilary (and Bill) Clinton, and absolutely hated Obama in the primaries, though she's come around to an extent. She's still hostile to Obama though, and has said that, while she supports the Democrat, she wouldn't mind a McCain victory. But she is completely opposed to the Palin pick. She's especially angry that Palin talked about the glass ceiling and Clinton's work to break it in her speech yesterday, as my mom believes that Clinton is entitled to be the first woman to become president, and thinks that Palin coming along from nowhere with no accomplishments to steal Clinton's spotlight is disgusting.

The fact is Gov. Palin would be a much better President then Sen. Clinton.

Why?

Look at Gov. Palin record as Governor of Alaska. She stood up to her own party and other parties and weeded out the corruption. She worked with Canada on the new natural gas line that will help lead America to energy indepence. She has put Republican, Democrats and Independents in her office. She stood up to the big Oil Companies. That is a woman I want as Vice-Priesdent and hopefully one day President of the Untied States of America.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 06:16:24 PM »

Why?

Look at Gov. Palin record as Governor of Alaska. She stood up to her own party and other parties and weeded out the corruption. She worked with Canada on the new natural gas line that will help lead America to energy indepence. She has put Republican, Democrats and Independents in her office. She stood up to the big Oil Companies. That is a woman I want as Vice-Priesdent and hopefully one day President of the Untied States of America.

So if I understand you correctly, you believe this makes Sarah Palin a better choice for President of the United States than Senator Hillary Clinton?

Yes.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 07:31:10 PM »

Hillary Clinton:

--Received 17.5-18 million votes for President in the Democratic Primary.

--Has been in national politics for 16 years and held a U.S. Senate seat for 8 years in one the most populous states in the nation.

--Has worked on a wide variety of national issues during those 16 years -- health care, education, adoption, economic initiatives, the environment, national defense issues, disaster relief and women's rights.  Some specific examples include SCHIP, The Adoption and Safe Families Act, FMLA, getting over the counter sales for emergency contraception approved and helping secure $20 billion in disaster relief funds for N.Y. after 9/11.

--Has served on the Senate Armed Services Committee for 6 years and has been praised for her work there by several committee members, including Republicans John Warner and Lindsey Graham.

--Was endorsed by many top military brass during her Presidential campaign.
http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/release/view/?id=6799

--Has visited over 82 countries and met and established relationships with many international leaders.

Sarah Palin:

-- Has been governor of one of the least populous states in the nation for 2 years.  So far, her signature achievement seems to be the ethics reform bill she passed in 2007.  She has almost no foreign policy experience.

I guess CA and TX aren't part of the United States anymore. I never said Gov. Palin had more experience then Sen. Clinton. But the issues she holds and they way she stood up to get corruption out of AK is something Sen. Clinton will never have or do.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »

I accidentally omitted the word "of" in this line.  It should have read like this --

--Has been in national politics for 16 years and held a U.S. Senate seat for 8 years in one of the most populous states in the nation.

OK, but being a Senate is very different then being a Governor. A Governor is just like a President, but at a local level.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 07:47:38 AM »

OK, but being a Senate is very different then being a Governor. A Governor is just like a President, but at a local level.

So any executive is more qualified than a legislator to be president or vice president?  That would make Palin more qualified than McCain as well.

Please, don't take my words and twist them around. I have clearly said before she isn't qualified, yet become president. All I was saying is a Governor has to deal with more issues that a President would have to deal with, then a Senator would.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies