Paul Begala is deathly afraid of Palin.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:26:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Paul Begala is deathly afraid of Palin.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Paul Begala is deathly afraid of Palin.  (Read 2864 times)
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 11:56:34 PM »

This guy is human trash.

He's going on and on about how this is such a great pick for the Dems but how he is very, very afraid if McCain becomes President. Living up to his status as a piece of filth, Begala repeats how McCain is in his 70s and has had cancer twice before, basically telling people, "Hey, the old guy is going soon!" He is absolutely outraged that McCain would choose Palin to be the Commander in Chief.

Quick history lesson for everyone - Paul Begala is our favorite wonk from the old Clinton Administration. I wonder if Paul himself remembers these days because his complaints about Palin seem pretty familiar to complaints about his former boss.

Palin - Governor for almost two years now.

Clinton - He has the clear advantage here. He was Governor for twelve years when he was elected President.

Palin - Begala is going crazy about her foreign policy experience.

Clinton - Enlighten me, folks. The Governor of Arkansas is dealing with exactly how much foreign policy?

Palin - Governor of a small state. Oh no!

Clinton - Governor of...a small state.

Wait...what was it that Paul was afraid of? But perhaps the best part of all of this is that Begala admitted, in an interview that just aired on Anderson Cooper's 360, that Obama is inexperienced but it's ok because of "democracy." The people chose him and we have to live with it. When Alex Castellanos, a Republican strategist, stated that the McCain - Palin ticket ought to have a chance for the people to pass judgement on them, Begala stated that it isn't the same. "You don't vote directly for Vice President." Poor, poor Paul. I can't stand the guy but I expected something not so assinine.

You don't have to be Paul Begala to know that McCain screwed up with this pick.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 11:59:31 PM »

There are quite a few reasons other than her extreme lack of foreign policy experience to question her being picked.

Ok so you didn't answer that one. Noted.

You don't have to be Paul Begala to know that McCain screwed up with this pick.

Another person who didn't bother to address the blatant hypocrisy.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 12:03:17 AM »

There are quite a few reasons other than her extreme lack of foreign policy experience to question her being picked.

Huh?

You try to be too clever sometimes Phil. I'm often not trying to BS you.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 12:05:10 AM »

I really can't figure out why so many people are upset and/or afraid that McCain selected Palin. Why are you so angry? I find this amusing, possibly for all the wrong reasons, but the reactions are highly entertaining.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 12:07:25 AM »

Huh?

No, seriously. You didn't say whether or not it was enough for Clinton or Palin.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 12:08:01 AM »

Huh?

No, seriously. You didn't say whether or not it was enough for Clinton or Palin.

Whether what was? Their foreign policy experience?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 12:09:27 AM »

Huh?

Yes. Same question for Carter in 1976.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 12:11:25 AM »

Huh?

Yes. Same question for Carter in 1976.

I would've liked them to have more. But you don't vote based solely on foreign policy experience, and I'd prefer to have a President that might have a little less foreign policy experience if I agreed with them on basically every issue.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 12:12:02 AM »

Jimmy had his mother to give him foreign policy advice - Lillian I think was her name. And there you have it.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 12:16:49 AM »

It seemed that by 1980 jimmys foreign policy was obviously better than his domestic policies.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 12:23:40 AM »

True, I was just pointing out that there's a difference.  Plus, Bill had been Governor for close to 12 years, while Palin has been Governor from less than 2 years.

So tell me about the foreign policy experience of a Governor of a small southern state.

Not much, but he has 6 times as much executive experience, which counts for something.

Fine but Begala was going crazy about how we'd be in serious danger with her as Commander in Chief. Meanwhile, he promoted a man with just as much foreign policy experience from a small state for the top job.

Calm down. He's a professional party hack. He's not going to be consistant on everything, just as his equivalents on the GOP side are not either.
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 12:36:02 AM »

I agree with Begala. I would not feel secure with Palin as commander in chief. Her lack of experience is alarming. Somehow, I have a general feeling of security with Obama, although he lacks the experience needed. but he's got Joe Biden by his side. McCain said he would put country first and in my opinion, he put political calculations ahead of the security of this countr... if something were to happen to him. I expected better of his judgement. We'll see how this political calculation unfolds in the following days.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 03:04:23 AM »

Does Begala do anything besides make sexist attacks on Republican women?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies