Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:29:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually  (Read 14969 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

I'm not combing through this seventeen page thread to find every insult and every bit of amusement at this news. You and several others have responded in a responsible, mature manner. I can't say that for many others.

Ok... thank you for your response. Based on comments about "most Obama supporters," and some comments made elsewhere, I felt that some people were casting too wide a net in criticizing how this has been discussed.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #251 on: September 01, 2008, 07:11:15 PM »

I'm not combing through this seventeen page thread to find every insult and every bit of amusement at this news. You and several others have responded in a responsible, mature manner. I can't say that for many others.

Ok... thank you for your response. Based on comments about "most Obama supporters," and some comments made elsewhere, I felt that some people were casting too wide a net in criticizing how this has been discussed.

I'm getting a little defensive about that, myself.  Also about the "Obama cultists" and "Obama worshipers".  I would prefer not to be lumped in with that crowd (not saying Phil has done that, of course) just because I support Obama for President.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #252 on: September 01, 2008, 07:14:32 PM »

I don't know what that means.  I suppose if everyone who's ever worked with Karl Rove is considered a Rove soldier, sure.

Don't worry though - Even if Steve Schmidt is the dark overlord behind the McCain campaign, I still hear that Karl Rove controls the weather! Smiley
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #253 on: September 01, 2008, 07:25:09 PM »

I don't know what that means.  I suppose if everyone who's ever worked with Karl Rove is considered a Rove soldier, sure.

Don't worry though - Even if Steve Schmidt is the dark overlord behind the McCain campaign, I still hear that Karl Rove controls the weather! Smiley

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2008, 07:41:28 PM »

Actually JJ, that the Kos story was a Rove plant has already been posited on a couple of blogs, left and right.  And I agree.

Fortunately, Obama is not taking the bait.

I don't have any proof that it was, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was an operative.  

More than a few posters took the bait, including some of the normally good ones.  "Stop Sarah Palin" took the bait, hook, bobber, pole, tackle box and a couple of oars.

Now, if someone wants to point the "terrible" Democrats, they can just Google and find a few thousand posts, and say "Look at what these nasty evil Obama Democrats being mean to Sweet Sarah Palin.  They hate women and motherhood."  It becomes the "mean men" versus "Sweet Sarah Palin."

If works with pro-lifers, it works with pro-chioce women that are at least a little angry with the perceived "mistreatment" of Hillary Clinton.  It might even work with men.  Biden has to watch his butt in the debates.

There have been several negatives with Palin that have been converted to positives.  I have never seen anything like the last 10 days in American politics before.  
elcorazon

« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »

Actually, Bristol's pregnancy shows the IMPORTANCE of family values. To begin with, it demonstrates that despite the fact that Bristol was raised in a grounded, loving, Conservative home, the hedonistic filth from Hollyweird and the NEA crept in anyway. Thus, bombarded by images of sex and told by her school that sex before marriage is OK, she made a teenage mistake.

None-the-less, she understood that life is precious and that murder of her unborn child was not an option. She also realized that marrying the father of her child was the right thing to do.

As Robert Bork pointed out, there are Amish kids in Pennsylvania who know about Madonna, despite the best efforts of their parents.

what does this post have to do with anything?
either you are arguing for censorship of the media, or you are arguing that merely shielding children from the real world doesn't work, or you are arguing that our country is going to hell because of the awful liberals who run the media and the celebrity set, and... and... I don't know what the conclusion for that one is.. that we should become more of a fascist state I guess so that 17 year olds who are being raised properly don't get unduly influenced by such radicalism.

let me know which point you were trying to make.  it was kinda unclear.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2008, 09:11:23 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2008, 09:21:05 AM by mokbubble »

If this is it, then it's no ones damn business.  If you have 5 kids, odds are one will get pregnant too early.  Who cares? 

SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:10 AM »

So much for those conservative values, huh?

I thought you weren't supposed to have a baby until you were married?
In her daughter's defense, what the hell else is there to do in a town of a less than 10,000?
You can pray and use handguns!
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2008, 04:33:47 PM »

I have never seen anything like the last 10 days in American politics before.  

That's the biggest and best understatement I've seen in quite a while.  Cheers.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »

Palin cut funding for teen mothers.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/2/19220/39740/973/583820
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
Jump to: