Obama Says He Has More Natural Disaster Experience Than Palin... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:04:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama Says He Has More Natural Disaster Experience Than Palin... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Says He Has More Natural Disaster Experience Than Palin...  (Read 4795 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 02, 2008, 09:53:45 AM »

Obama's right. Running a national campaign for a year and a half now is certainly a greater test of one's executive acumen that being mayor of a town of 6,000.

I agree with Obama.

and he's been vetted for a year and a half by the public, the media and the voters.  Palin's a total blank slate.  she may prove her mettle during the campaign, but for now she's still a nobody.

You both have to be joking.  If something bad happens in terms of a natural disaster happens during a campaign, he says, "Don't show up for work for a few days."  A snowstorm in a small town is more of a test than running a campaign.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:43:27 PM »

Obama's right. Running a national campaign for a year and a half now is certainly a greater test of one's executive acumen that being mayor of a town of 6,000.

Is it really that convenient to ignore Palin's time as Governor?

A governor, in a state with extreme weather, for one winter, has more disaster experience than Obama.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:47:36 PM »

A governor, in a state with extreme weather, for one winter, has more disaster experience than Obama.

The flood is a valid natural disaster, but I don't think "Alaska is cold" entails much emergency reaction.  (Although maybe the Governor has a role in dealing with freeze-outs in rural villages?)

Severe snowstorm, and I'm assuming Alaska isn't tropical.  I'd suspect a lot more even during a short tenure.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:58:44 PM »

Is it really that convenient to ignore Palin's time as Governor?

A snowstorm in Alaska hardly qualifies as a disaster. Just because warmer areas might be screwed because they don't have the snowplows and general knowledge to deal with a major snowstorm does not mean that it would be anything unusual in Alaska. Most of the population of Alaska is near certain cities, anyways. I hardly think that this sort of experience qualifies her to be Vice President.

We're not talking about VP experience , only experience in regard to disasters.

Snow shuts everything down (and this is from a guy that grew up in Western Pennylvania mountains).  Transportation gets killed; power goes out.  It's nasty.  Unless the last two winters in Alaska were exceptionally warm, Palin wins that one (Obama shoving, or paying someone, his front walk, doesn't count).

I'd suspect there were other as well; flooding possibly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies