Obama Says He Has More Natural Disaster Experience Than Palin... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:17:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama Says He Has More Natural Disaster Experience Than Palin... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Says He Has More Natural Disaster Experience Than Palin...  (Read 4848 times)
prometheus
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.61, S: 0.09

« on: September 02, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »

...because he's run a presidential campaign.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/01/obama-defends-natural-disaster-experience/

Barack Obama defended his experience in dealing with natural disasters, such as Hurricane Katrina, and took a swipe at newly minted GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

In an interview on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 Monday night, Obama was asked about whether his experience in the U.S. Senate dealing with weather-related situations compares to Palin’s executive experience running the state of Alaska and as the small town mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.

“My understanding is that Gov. Palin’s town, Wassilla, has I think 50 employees. We've got 2500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe 12 million dollars a year – we have a budget of about three times that just for the month,” Obama responded.

Our ability to manage large systems and to execute I think has been made clear over the past couple of years and certainly in terms of the legislation I’ve passed in the past couple of years, post-Katrina.”

In all fairness to Obama, that's a stupid question.  In all fairness to Anderson Cooper, he probably couldn't resist the chance to combine his two great loves for Presidential politics and hurricanes.

It does bother me that whenever Democrats are asked about Palin's experience, they completely ignore her time as governor and immediately zero in on this tiny town.  Hasn't she been governor about as long as Obama's been running his campaign, anyway?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies