Was Palin properly vetted?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:04:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Was Palin properly vetted?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?  Broken up by Presidential support, since party affiliation doesn't really matter for this poll
Yes (McCain)

Yes (Obama)

Yes (Other)

No (McCain)

No (Obama)

No (Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Was Palin properly vetted?  (Read 2427 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 01:38:14 AM »

Oh, good lord -- so much going on, I could really get into this forum again!

But no ... no she was not properly vetted. Not at all.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 01:38:39 AM »

I think from what John McCain knew about Governor Palin he did a good job vetting, as you Americans like to call it, however I don't think he did enough research prior to selecting Governor Palin as his running mate. I doubt the McCain campaign, nor hardly anyone expected a large barrage of dirt to come and tarnish Governor Palin.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 01:40:25 AM »

Perhaps the McCain camp knew this stuff, but they clearly didn't prepare everyone for it. Seems like a good two days went by before there was a response on the AIP thing, clearly Palin's McCain campaign spokesperson did not know about the pregnancy until late Saturday or Sunday, they had clearly done little if any preparation on Levi, it seems it was Friday that Palin's lawyer on the troopergate thing kicked into high gear.

Maybe they knew a lot of it, but they knew it at the last minute, and in a few cases some key staffers knew it after they needed to.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 01:49:21 AM »

Perhaps the McCain camp knew this stuff, but they clearly didn't prepare everyone for it. Seems like a good two days went by before there was a response on the AIP thing, clearly Palin's McCain campaign spokesperson did not know about the pregnancy until late Saturday or Sunday, they had clearly done little if any preparation on Levi, it seems it was Friday that Palin's lawyer on the troopergate thing kicked into high gear.

Maybe they knew a lot of it, but they knew it at the last minute, and in a few cases some key staffers knew it after they needed to.

Part and parcel with trying to maintain secrecy is that you keep the circle of those in the know tight.  The major trade-off for that is that those who aren't in the know but need to speak for you need time to digest what they need to know.

I still think much, if not all, of Monday's bad news about Palin was deliberately leaked because it was a Labor Day when a hurricane was hitting New Orleans.  The only thing most folks are talking about anyway is Bristol's pregnancy.  Palin should put that to rest tomorrow.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 01:51:30 AM »

I think from what John McCain knew about Governor Palin he did a good job vetting, as you Americans like to call it, however I don't think he did enough research prior to selecting Governor Palin as his running mate. I doubt the McCain campaign, nor hardly anyone expected a large barrage of dirt to come and tarnish Governor Palin.

tropper gate was already known.

the only punches that have been landed on Palin are from Bristol's pregnancy, which McCain claims he knew. And judging from the fact they're flying in the boyfriend, it looks like they had it planned to dump the news on Labor Day and bring the boy front and center Wednesday.

Was it a crazy plan? Absolutely.  Would I have chosen Palin knowing that Bristol was pregnant?  I highly doubt it.

IF nothing else damaging is found, then the vetting process was right on the mark.  

Does that mean she was a risk worth taking considering all the known baggage?  That remains to be seen.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies