Was Palin properly vetted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:36:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Was Palin properly vetted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?  Broken up by Presidential support, since party affiliation doesn't really matter for this poll
Yes (McCain)

Yes (Obama)

Yes (Other)

No (McCain)

No (Obama)

No (Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Was Palin properly vetted?  (Read 2482 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 02, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »

I don't want to say "completely" vetted, because nobody's is ever completely vetted.  But, do you think McCain staff did their job thoroughly in vetting Palin?

they probably would have liked to have explored every orifice, but...

sorry, I just can't bring myself to post this
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »

I don't want to say "completely" vetted, because nobody's is ever completely vetted.  But, do you think McCain staff did their job thoroughly in vetting Palin?

they probably would have liked to have explored every orifice, but...

sorry, I just can't bring myself to post this

Congrats. You just sinned. God is angry.

sorry, the only time Sarah Palin has even come close to exciting me was in the picture where her tshirt was sporting the fact that she had nice breasts.  And I cursed her for it!  Wink
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:51:30 AM »

I think from what John McCain knew about Governor Palin he did a good job vetting, as you Americans like to call it, however I don't think he did enough research prior to selecting Governor Palin as his running mate. I doubt the McCain campaign, nor hardly anyone expected a large barrage of dirt to come and tarnish Governor Palin.

tropper gate was already known.

the only punches that have been landed on Palin are from Bristol's pregnancy, which McCain claims he knew. And judging from the fact they're flying in the boyfriend, it looks like they had it planned to dump the news on Labor Day and bring the boy front and center Wednesday.

Was it a crazy plan? Absolutely.  Would I have chosen Palin knowing that Bristol was pregnant?  I highly doubt it.

IF nothing else damaging is found, then the vetting process was right on the mark.  

Does that mean she was a risk worth taking considering all the known baggage?  That remains to be seen.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies