Wednesday Republican National Convention running commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Wednesday Republican National Convention running commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: Wednesday Republican National Convention running commentary thread  (Read 14681 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 03, 2008, 11:54:06 PM »

Wow. MSNBC says the telepompter was running too fast, and Palin was not seeing many of the lines, but was able to overcome to overcome that seamlessly. I didn't notice any problem that at all.

For about 30 seconds, MSNBC showed the teleprompter and I thought it was going too fast also.

They had better fix the teleprompter for McCain. Not that that would help that much.

I think I read today that McCain is speaking from notes and not from the prompter.  If so, it's a smart move, imo.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2008, 11:55:02 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2008, 11:57:02 PM by Torie »

But ability to read off a teleprompter is something to be mocked, right guys?

Being able to continue speaking without missing a beat, when you have a teleprompter that is malfunctioning, is something I think only Bill Clinton was able to do seamlessly - until Palin. She clearly has a natural talent at public speaking. She must have done toastmasters or something. Deal with it.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #252 on: September 03, 2008, 11:55:57 PM »

At the Democratic National Convention, Chairperson Nancy Pelosi did not even leave enough time for anyone to answer nay before proceeding onto something else.

At least the Republicans had some freedom of speech in this matter.

Yet John Boehner wouldn't even let Ron Paul be nominated. At least we let opposing candidates have some respect.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #253 on: September 03, 2008, 11:56:20 PM »

Wow. MSNBC says the telepompter was running too fast, and Palin was not seeing many of the lines, but was able to overcome to overcome that seamlessly. I didn't notice any problem that at all.

For about 30 seconds, MSNBC showed the teleprompter and I thought it was going too fast also.

They had better fix the teleprompter for McCain. Not that that would help that much.

I think I read today that McCain is speaking from notes and not from the prompter.  If so, it's a smart move, imo.

Clearly. One can't teach an old dog new tricks, as it were.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2008, 11:57:13 PM »

Being able to continue speaking without missing a beat, when you have a teleprompter, is something I think only Bill Clinton was able to do seamlessly - until Palin. She clearly has a natural talent at public speaking. She must have done toastmasters or something. Deal with it.

But public speaking skills are something to be mocked. Sure she can give a good speech, but where's the beef?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #255 on: September 03, 2008, 11:58:07 PM »

Being able to continue speaking without missing a beat, when you have a teleprompter, is something I think only Bill Clinton was able to do seamlessly - until Palin. She clearly has a natural talent at public speaking. She must have done toastmasters or something. Deal with it.

But public speaking skills are something to be mocked. Sure she can give a good speech, but where's the beef?

I don't know what everyone's talking about. Palin spoke about what she has done and what she plans on doing especially concerning energy policy.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #256 on: September 03, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »

Oberman actually was complaining that the "Deployment Date" of Track is "Deployment Ceremony."  "Community Organizers" too.  They think Palin was too dismissive.  That's a load of bull.  It's a BS job.

You can tell how well it went because Oberman is pissed. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #257 on: September 04, 2008, 12:04:44 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2008, 12:15:24 AM by Torie »

Only if you fall apart without a script, and become a uh, ah, well, maybe, it's beyond my pay grade vacilative type.   Then it is to be mocked. I hope that helps sort this all out in your mind.  Cheesy
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #258 on: September 04, 2008, 12:14:17 AM »

Only if you fall apart without a script, and become a uh, ah, well, maybe, it's beyond my pay grade vaciative type.   Then it is to be mocked. I hope that helps sort this all out in your mind.  Cheesy

Ah, gotcha. Not using filler words makes one more qualified to hold elective office.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #259 on: September 04, 2008, 12:21:49 AM »

Only if you fall apart without a script, and become a uh, ah, well, maybe, it's beyond my pay grade vaciative type.   Then it is to be mocked. I hope that helps sort this all out in your mind.  Cheesy

Ah, gotcha. Not using filler words makes one more qualified to hold elective office.

No, it shows you can think on your feet when thrown a curve.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: September 04, 2008, 12:27:05 AM »

No, it shows you can think on your feet when thrown a curve.

Or it shows you can read a teleprompter when it's going a little too fast.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #261 on: September 04, 2008, 12:32:24 AM »

Wow. MSNBC says the telepompter was running too fast, and Palin was not seeing many of the lines, but was able to overcome to overcome that seamlessly. I didn't notice any problem that at all.  It was reported by the prince of darkness, Olberman himself.

More detail on this.  Is it true or fibbing?

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NTY3MTI3MzhmNzhmNGJlYmIwOTYzMTNmZjA4ZDk3MTE=

Palin & the Teleprompter   [Rich Lowry]

I’m told by a McCain aide that the teleprompter operator mistakenly rolled through the applause lines throughout the speech. So he rolled over the first two lines of the next paragraph after applause. But she was unfazed by it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #262 on: September 04, 2008, 12:35:49 AM »

Wow. MSNBC says the telepompter was running too fast, and Palin was not seeing many of the lines, but was able to overcome to overcome that seamlessly. I didn't notice any problem that at all.  It was reported by the prince of darkness, Olberman himself.

More detail on this.  Is it true or fibbing?

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NTY3MTI3MzhmNzhmNGJlYmIwOTYzMTNmZjA4ZDk3MTE=

Palin & the Teleprompter   [Rich Lowry]

I’m told by a McCain aide that the teleprompter operator mistakenly rolled through the applause lines throughout the speech. So he rolled over the first two lines of the next paragraph after applause. But she was unfazed by it.

What do you think Oberman will do if he can't be press secretary in the Obama administration (because there isn't one)?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #263 on: September 04, 2008, 12:44:25 AM »

I should point out that McCain's speech is tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies