Mideast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:14:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 252020 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: May 25, 2009, 04:51:50 PM »

Hello! Smiley
I'm going to try and get active on here. What can I do?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 05:02:26 PM »

Hello! Smiley

Hello, Bayh

Welcome to the Mideast Assembly Thread. If you have any ideas on a bill that you would like the Assembly to work on with you are debate, just post it. I believe we have one bill in the queue(I think I spelled that right). But we will be glad to work with you on any bill or idea you have.

Is there a list of bills that are currently in the queue?
And how serious are the bills? Can you introduce major things (such as a ban on abortion), or is it silly things (banning llama's from restraunts).
And can anyone vote, or only, assembleymen?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »

Sweetness.
How do you run to become an assembleyperson?

I'm liking the "Mideast Soldier Memorial Act". I assume it doesn't have much opposition?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »

Hello! Smiley

Well you could have run for election to this Assembly last week Wink

Umph.
Wink
When is the next election for Assembly? And how many assemblypeople are there?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:22:17 PM »

The next election for the Assembly is July, but one of the Assembly member will be elected to the senate in June, so if you became active the Governor Inks may pick you to replace that member.

Also, we haven't discuss that bill yet, so I don't know how the other members feel about it.

Why are there so many elections?
And are you allowed to campaign for a position? I mean, I see that people have a HQ, but is that all you can do?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »

The next election for the Assembly is July, but one of the Assembly member will be elected to the senate in June, so if you became active the Governor Inks may pick you to replace that member.

Also, we haven't discuss that bill yet, so I don't know how the other members feel about it.

Why are there so many elections?
And are you allowed to campaign for a position? I mean, I see that people have a HQ, but is that all you can do?

Well currently, we are heading into an election for President/VP and Regional Senate. You are allowed to run for any postion you want. Like you could run for President or Senator or Governor(but they next Mideast Governor's race is in July).

Well, I'm not going to run yet. I don't have enough experience. Wink
Does the RPP have a candidate for each office?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »

How many assembly seats are there?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 05:42:05 PM »

There are three seats, you can read about the Assembly here

Sweetness.
I wish I would have gotten involved in this sooner. It seems really fun.
So, someone might have answered this, but do you have to be an assembleyperson to introduce a bill?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »

Sweetness.
So, someone might have answered this, but do you have to be an assembleyperson to introduce a bill?

Legislation shall be considered by the Assembly upon petition of any Assembly member, the Governor, or two Mideast citizens, but if you want to introduce a bill you can post it and I will sponsor it for you.
Okay.
I don't have a bill. I was just wondering.
How many bills get passed each week?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »

Sweetness.

Legislation shall be considered by the Assembly upon petition of any Assembly member, the Governor, or two Mideast citizens, but if you want to introduce a bill you can post it and I will sponsor it for you.
Okay.
I don't have a bill. I was just wondering.
How many bills get passed each week?

It varys on how active the Assembly members are and if we have any bill to pass.
How many would you guess have been passed in May?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »

I like feeling good. We should honor those who fought for our country.
Please vote Aye.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »

How often would it normally be before there is a vote on it?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »

24 hours, or more if someone is unavailable due to sickness (like me) or otherwise. The Speaker can just say that there has not been debate in the last 24 hours, and call a vote if he so wishes.

Oh. Thank you Smiley

Another question. In the thread below, why is there so many votes? I thought only Assemblymen could vote? I thought there were only 3..
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=96250.0
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »

24 hours, or more if someone is unavailable due to sickness (like me) or otherwise. The Speaker can just say that there has not been debate in the last 24 hours, and call a vote if he so wishes.

Oh. Thank you Smiley

Another question. In the thread below, why is there so many votes? I thought only Assemblymen could vote? I thought there were only 3..
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=96250.0

That is a public referendum. Basically, four Mideasterners protested the passing of the Mideast Abortion Statute. Our state constitution states that a public vote will be taken on any statute that four citizens protest against. In this public election, any Mideasterner can vote. Any election in the Voting Booth is open to the general public of that region, or, if no region is specified, then the whole country.

Got it Wink
Thank you very much.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 07:47:10 AM »

Yes, it is acceptable. I will support it, as the money ends up going to something I advocate very strongly. Good idea governor.

Ditto
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 06:01:25 AM »

On the "The Mideast Marijuana Taxation Act", I really like 3 and 4. Not too crazy on number 1, and I would like taxes to be increased even more on all marijuana. Overall, I encourage everyone to vote "Aye".
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 07:56:43 PM »

Thank you. That's a great bill.
Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »

Due to #3 & 4, I strongly encourage all assemblymen to vote "Aye" on the Mideast Marijuana Taxation Act.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »

So, would repealing "Mideast Intelligent Design Statue" allow schools to teach evolution?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 12:14:46 PM »

So, would repealing "Mideast Intelligent Design Statue" allow schools to teach evolution?

No. It would allow schools to teach intelligent design. Deceptively named laws and repeals make this sort of things issues, but this bill on the floor would allow schools to teach intelligent design.
Hmmm...Okay, thank you Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:56 PM »

I guess I withdraw this. I'm sorry I brought this up, with my lack of knowledge on this subject. (I feel stupid now)
Oh Dan, don't feel stupid. You learned something new today. That doesn't make you stupid.
Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:13 PM »

I would like to present the following bill to the Assembly:

The Animal Protection Act
1. The Mideast recognizes animal torture as knowingly torturing, tormenting, needlessly mutilating or maiming, cruelly beating, poisoning, needlessly killing, or committing an act of cruelty against a companion animal.
2. To require a child under the age of 18 to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling.
3. To require the parent, guardian, or other person taking care of the child to pay the costs of the evaluation, counseling, or both.
4. If a person over the age of 18 commits animal cruelty more than twice, that person would be required to spend a minimum of 30 days in prison and a maximum of 5 years.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »

1. The Mideast recognizes animal torture as knowingly torturing, tormenting, needlessly mutilating or maiming, cruelly beating, poisoning, needlessly killing, or committing an act of cruelty against a companion animal.
2. To require a child under the age of 18 to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling.
3. To require the parent, guardian, or other person taking care of the child to pay the costs of the evaluation, counseling, or both.
4. If a person over the age of 18 commits animal cruelty more than twice, that person would be required to spend a minimum of 30 days in prison and a maximum of 5 years.
The bill is brought to the floor. My first reading of the bill would seem to mean that clause 2 requires that all children under the age of 18 (surely a tautology?) undergo a psych evaluation. I ='d like some clarification of who exactly is meant to be affected by this bill.
I'm sorry. Anyone under the age of 18 must undergo a psychological evaluation.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 08:46:43 AM »

The bill is brought to the floor. My first reading of the bill would seem to mean that clause 2 requires that all children under the age of 18 (surely a tautology?) undergo a psych evaluation. I ='d like some clarification of who exactly is meant to be affected by this bill.
I'm sorry. Anyone under the age of 18 must undergo a psychological evaluation.

I think he means what does that have to do with the protection of animals?
Ahh...
The main purpose of this bill is to protect animals by creating punishments if you abuse animals. Minors who are beating animals obviously have anger problems, and need professional help. Hopefully, prison time would also keep adults from being cruel to animals.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »

As far as I can tell, you are actually proposing that every single person under 18 undergo a psych evaluation at some point. The Mideast probably has somewhere on the order of 10 million children within its boundaries. You seem content to delegate the cost of this on to hard working families by requiring that all families pay for the evaluation of their children. Sorry, but thats unacceptable to me, especially as we will find that the vast majority of children are not animal torturers.

Oh
I'm sorry, I made a mistake on the bill. :/
That was meant to say...
2. To require a child under the age of 18 who has committed animal cruelty to undergo psychological evaluation to determine if the child needs individual or family counseling.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies