Bad day for Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:42:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bad day for Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad day for Obama  (Read 5909 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 10, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »

Obama has had a series of bad days here, since he decided to focus his campaign on Sarah Palin.  He's got about one, maybe two days before Hurricane Ike hits and all attention will be focused on that for a day or more.  Maybe his campaign can retool then.  Or maybe Bush will completely screw Ike up and the media will pay attention.

But really, he's panicking when he's down, at most, three points.  I could understand this if he was down double or triple this amount, but really.

Some of this might be the both Obama's personal attitude and the campaign's attitude.  Either or both might have assumed that Obama was the Messiah and came up with a battle plan based on that.  I see the campaign flailing around for a strategy and making greater mistakes.

Obama and the campaign are rattled.  I don't know if I'd call it panicked. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »

Um, excuse me, but weren't the fake crocodile tears coming from the McCain campaign?  They released two ads, one giving false claims that Obama sent a team of 30 oppo researches to Alaska (the DNC+Obama sent 0 but have a bit of staff already in Alaska) that portrayed the Obama campaign as a bunch of wolves attacking poor Sarah.  The other one used the "lipstick on a pig" comment to accuse Obama of sexism - McCain himself has used the same comment to refer to women and both candidates use that phrase all the time.  In fact, McCain is one of the least politically correct politicians out there and that's one of his virtues. 

In addition, they are demanding immediate apologies and trying to fluff up what the Chairwoman of South Carolina said today about Palin.

So... if you're looking for the Whaaaambulance, you might be looking across the river when the sirens comin' from yo side.

You obviously have not been reading my posts.  Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »

Obama clearly won the day. Every day that the GOP makes the campaign about stupid little non-issues instead of the real issues, is a day that they're undercutting their message of "the right kind of change."

Translation:  The Koo-Aid tastes good.  AAAGH.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »

From the announcement of Joe Biden, anyone remember him, to yesterday, Obama has been facing problems.  Yes, even the DNC didn't really help that much.  This has probably been the worst two weeks of the Obama campaign.

It can be reversed, however.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 01:23:10 PM »

From the announcement of Joe Biden, anyone remember him, to yesterday, Obama has been facing problems.  Yes, even the DNC didn't really help that much.  This has probably been the worst two weeks of the Obama campaign.

It can be reversed, however.

Rev. Wright was probably worse. Bitter was probably worse too.

No, but both might give him more long term damage.  Obama's eventual response to Wright was okay (but took too long).  The God and guns comment he basically apologized (partly) for and tried to sweep under the rug.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 01:11:48 AM »

Obama clearly won the day. Every day that the GOP makes the campaign about stupid little non-issues instead of the real issues, is a day that they're undercutting their message of "the right kind of change."

Agreed. The idea that days spent talking about anything other than issues actually hurts Republicans is indeed crazy.

Rick Davis--"This election is not about issues".

And even on the major issue, the economy, McCain is on the verge of winning.  Iraq, Obama's probably already lost, especially after the O'Reily interviews.

The Obama campaign is losing on the issues, losing the popularity contest, and off message.  It can change, but even post convention, it has lost direction.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 03:56:06 PM »

Agreed. The idea that days spent talking about anything other than issues actually hurts Republicans is indeed crazy.

Rick Davis--"This election is not about issues".

And even on the major issue, the economy, McCain is on the verge of winning.  Iraq, Obama's probably already lost, especially after the O'Reily interviews.

The Obama campaign is losing on the issues, losing the popularity contest, and off message.  It can change, but even post convention, it has lost direction.

Polls still show the Democrats favored on pretty much every issue.

But hey, if you guys want to talk about the economy and Iraq more, I won't stand in your way. Smiley

Notice I said "losing" and "it can change."  I'm basically talking about last week.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 05:43:33 PM »

The bad day has become a bad week.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies