Why I think McCain will win.... BIG
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:21:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Why I think McCain will win.... BIG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why I think McCain will win.... BIG  (Read 5680 times)
mypalfish
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 02:35:36 PM »

If Obama loses the Democrats will only have themselves to blame.

Every four years it is the same attitude which sinks them.  IMO, this is more a problem with the party members than the candidate(s).

Painting the electorate as simplistic evil racist sheep is not a way to win an election.

Republicans manipulate and are cynical as well but they just do it better and don't betray themselves as much.  I have come to the conclusion that the Dems are just really bad at the politics game.

Just look at the Charlie Gibson interview with Sarah Palin.  Glaring at her over his glasses and oozing contempt, Gibson drew more attention to himself rather than to the sometimes shaky answers Palin was giving.  Dems in general, their supporters and the liberal media just can't hide their condescension and disdain for their opposition.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 03:20:43 PM »

sbane is becoming one of the bigger Dem hacks on this forum, even if he has a green avatar. He may have not been "articulate" in the same way Obama is, but he sure wiped the floor with him.

I agree, about the McCain part.  No, McCain was not at all articulate at Saddleback.  But he WAS prepared.  He had his ideas and answers ready.  And he knew his audience would love quick, easy and decisive answers as opposed to thoughtful, nuanced and probative answers provided by Obama.  McCain won that event hands down and it was one of the turning points in the race.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 09:15:16 PM »

If Obama loses the Democrats will only have themselves to blame.

Every four years it is the same attitude which sinks them.  IMO, this is more a problem with the party members than the candidate(s).

Painting the electorate as simplistic evil racist sheep is not a way to win an election.

Republicans manipulate and are cynical as well but they just do it better and don't betray themselves as much.  I have come to the conclusion that the Dems are just really bad at the politics game.

Just look at the Charlie Gibson interview with Sarah Palin.  Glaring at her over his glasses and oozing contempt, Gibson drew more attention to himself rather than to the sometimes shaky answers Palin was giving.  Dems in general, their supporters and the liberal media just can't hide their condescension and disdain for their opposition.

Uhh, Gibson is our enemy.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »

This in about the worse case scenario for Obama:

I doubt if it will happen, and it's still reasonably close.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies