Palin's next interview to be with Sean Hannity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:42:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Palin's next interview to be with Sean Hannity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Palin's next interview to be with Sean Hannity  (Read 1887 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 02:29:20 PM »

But I guess we'll just have to settle for disciplined campaigning instead of an amusing trainwreck.  Awwww.  Sad

Which do you consider last night's interview? The issue is, the VP shouldn't be a potential trainwreck.

She's a smashing success at reading prepared speeches to crowds.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 02:31:57 PM »

Everyone knows that the debates are total jokes. The League Of Women Voters refuses to sponsor such trash any more, and the winner is determined by who makes the fewest sighs or acts the least intellectual.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 02:32:06 PM »

In case you haven't noticed "sweetie", the election is about 8 weeks away. Is she planning on doing anymore serious interviews? I think we can both agree Hannity is a hack and will ask her nothing of substance. Will she go on meet the press and the other morning shows? My guess would be no and the American people will not give a flying f**k because they don't watch those shows anyways. She is pretty and that is all that matters. She sure has my vote!!!!!!

If McCain maintains a lead, she won't do more than a handful of interviews. They wouldn't have done this one, except they felt they had to. If he starts to slip, the press is going to turn on them for their Rose Garden (Pine Grove?) strategy and she'll have to do some. She should--the more she does, the better she'll get at them. Clearly intensive studying with Schmidt is no substitute for actual interviews.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »

In case you haven't noticed "sweetie", the election is about 8 weeks away. Is she planning on doing anymore serious interviews? I think we can both agree Hannity is a hack and will ask her nothing of substance. Will she go on meet the press and the other morning shows? My guess would be no and the American people will not give a flying f**k because they don't watch those shows anyways. She is pretty and that is all that matters. She sure has my vote!!!!!!

If McCain maintains a lead, she won't do more than a handful of interviews. They wouldn't have done this one, except they felt they had to. If he starts to slip, the press is going to turn on them for their Rose Garden (Pine Grove?) strategy and she'll have to do some. She should--the more she does, the better she'll get at them. Clearly intensive studying with Schmidt is no substitute for actual interviews.

It scared me how she had no clue what the Bush doctrine was. It's fine if she goes for a couple of practice laps with the hacks at fox but she better do a lot of serious interviews in the stretch. I doubt she will and I doubt people will care. Makes me feel so great about humanity....not.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 02:39:59 PM »

It scared me how she had no clue what the Bush doctrine was. It's fine if she goes for a couple of practice laps with the hacks at fox but she better do a lot of serious interviews in the stretch. I doubt she will and I doubt people will care. Makes me feel so great about humanity....not.

The press is clearly eager to redeem itself after getting rolled by the Bush campaigns in two successive elections. I think the shameless lying we've seen this week, repeated many times even after fact-checking, really irks them. They like the illusion that what they does resonates with the campaigns, even if the voters don't care. To be willfully disregarded by a campaign is an insult.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »

Thanks for the laugh on the "sweetie" thing.  Yes, I do think she'll do some more traditional interviews than Charlie and that hack Hannity, but you're right no one will probably care much either way. It's McCain v. Obama, but for some reason the "angry left"  (and I'm not referring to you so don't take it personal) sees it as Palin v. Obama.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 02:52:43 PM »

What campaign would be most resembling a trainwreck today Mr. Moderate?  Wink

Well, I was going to comment that Joe Biden probably should have been taken off the circuit for a few days to give him coaching.  Maybe that way he wouldn't have sailed off message by calling Sarah Palin "good looking," that Sarah Palin is "qualified to be vice president," and that Hillary Clinton would be a better Vice President than he was.  (Whoops.)

But I guess we'll just have to settle for disciplined campaigning instead of an amusing trainwreck.  Awwww.  Sad

Which do you consider last night's interview? The issue is, the VP shouldn't be a potential trainwreck.

She's a smashing success at reading prepared speeches to crowds.

Last night's interview was far more good than bad, though the press seemed to focus on that "war with Russia" bit.  (Odd, considering that Team Obama wants Georgia to join NATO, too.)  Another case where you'll get out of it what you went into the interview hoping to get out of it.

Uh, Obama's pretty, uh, good, uh, at reading, uh uh, speeches, uh, off of, uh uh uh... teleprompters too, uh...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »

It scared me how she had no clue what the Bush doctrine was. .

That might be a reason for the left to vote for Palin, uh, I mean McCain.  The left hates the Bush Doctrine.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies