Family Planning Amendments Act of 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Family Planning Amendments Act of 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Family Planning Amendments Act of 2004  (Read 7846 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2004, 03:31:16 PM »

I don't like parts C and D of that act at all, but, I may be willing not to veto this little thing if the Atlasia National Energy Act proposed by Sen. Nation gets a little support swung its way by a few of you lefties.....

That said, I do dislike C and D quite a bit.....

Mr. President, if you sign this bill in its complete form, I will vote for the Energy Act.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2004, 03:41:39 PM »

I don't like parts C and D of that act at all, but, I may be willing not to veto this little thing if the Atlasia National Energy Act proposed by Sen. Nation gets a little support swung its way by a few of you lefties.....

Mr. President, if you sign this bill in its complete form, I will vote for the Energy Act.
Don't sell out so easily
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2004, 03:48:15 PM »

Don't sell out so easily

I prioritize.

Anyway, there are only a few things in the ANEA that I really dislike.

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2004, 03:51:08 PM »

Don't sell out so easily

I prioritize.

Anyway, there are only a few things in the ANEA that I really dislike.

the environment isn't more important?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2004, 03:51:26 PM »

I think I know what would be a good compromise. I will agree to strike section c, since the issue is rather minor, and my vote on a national energy proposal that in no way alters EPA and CAFE regulations in exchange for your signature.

I am not compromising on this, at least one of you votes for the Atlasia National Energy Act and it passes and I won't veto this act, I don't intend to sign it, but that is irrelevant as after seven days it comes into automatic effect.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2004, 03:03:14 PM »

It's a tough choice. I believe that both the environment and access to contraception are very important, so I offered a compromise.

I will change my vote, though. I realize this is quite a sad day for me, but I have decided that I cannot ignore the hundreds of thousands of women who every year die of complications from childbirth, who are maimed and have only a fistula to show for it, and who are left permanently infertile. I will vote to give the Treasury department an opportunity to hurt our environment, but believe me, we will not be held hostage. We will work to further strengthen the environment, and we will not forget this cruel choice we were forced to make. My only consolation is that millions of women will no longer be forced to hoe the hard road their sisters have had to, and that the prospect of a society of wanted, loved children is nearer.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2004, 04:22:20 PM »

It's a tough choice. I believe that both the environment and access to contraception are very important, so I offered a compromise.

I will change my vote, though. I realize this is quite a sad day for me, but I have decided that I cannot ignore the hundreds of thousands of women who every year die of complications from childbirth, who are maimed and have only a fistula to show for it, and who are left permanently infertile. I will vote to give the Treasury department an opportunity to hurt our environment, but believe me, we will not be held hostage. We will work to further strengthen the environment, and we will not forget this cruel choice we were forced to make. My only consolation is that millions of women will no longer be forced to hoe the hard road their sisters have had to, and that the prospect of a society of wanted, loved children is nearer.
How eloquent, even if it is misguided Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2004, 05:41:44 PM »

I would like to change my abstain to nay. This bill is too important.

Aye 5 to Nay 4
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2004, 12:00:49 AM »

Aye
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2004, 12:06:19 AM »

good on you mate Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2004, 05:56:51 AM »

6-4 this passes, good.

Now we wait for JFK to do nothing, and get it passed in seven days.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2004, 02:58:58 PM »

This is truly a great day for me. Both of my maiden pieces of legislation are on the verge of becoming the law of the Atlas, untouched and unadulterated no less. My only regret is that this comes at the price of hurting the environment.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2004, 05:58:26 PM »

Ugh, I hope President Kennedy considers a veto. Afterall his party vote against it Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2004, 09:30:19 PM »

Ugh, I hope President Kennedy considers a veto. Afterall his party vote against it Wink

He made a deal with several Senators, if he vetoes it, it could have serious political damage due to the fact that he wouldn't honor his side of the bargain.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2004, 09:29:55 AM »

I changed my vote and did what I didn't want to do. I hope the president has the integrity to now do something he doesn't want to do.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2004, 11:51:59 AM »

Alright then.

I present this act to the President of the Atlas John F. Kennedy for signing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies