Is Europe Democratic by nature? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:22:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Is Europe Democratic by nature? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Europe Democratic by nature?  (Read 9268 times)
Antarctic
Rookie
New Zealand

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.57

« on: September 22, 2008, 06:12:23 PM »

I think if New Zealanders were voting for the American President Obama would poll at least 75-80% of the vote.
He would be considered too right-wing for most Kiwis but the GOP (especially it's religious element) is seen as being far too extreme to even consider.

We prefer our politicians to be non-religious or at least never mention their religiosity.I suspect most of Europe is similar.
Antarctic
Rookie
New Zealand

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:09:37 AM »

A question I do have about Europe though... why are the birth rates so low in many countries? They aren't low here.

Whenever I visit the US I'm always struck by the large number of young people (under 30) with children....it's strange to me as we tend to have our first child in our early 30s and a family with more than two children is unusual.
Those who do have more than two children tend to be religious.

IIRC the birthrate in nearly all Western countries is below or barely at replacement levels...that's certainly not the case in the States so perhaps the question should be "Why are the rates so high in the US?"

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies