Palin bans reporters from meetings with leaders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:34:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Palin bans reporters from meetings with leaders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Palin bans reporters from meetings with leaders  (Read 6687 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 23, 2008, 11:43:40 AM »

Examples?
Anything untrue the media wrote about her?

Probably you just don't want to believe she is like Bush, Ghostmonkey.
Don't deny the obvious. Wink

How about, for starters, the front page New York Times story claiming Palin to be a member of the Alaska Independence Party.

Her husband is a member but whatever. I wonder what would happen if Michelle Obama was a part of some seperatist black political group.......
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The NYT had the AIP lie as a front page story. They later buried a retraction on their blog.

Every media outlet out there (including the NYT) has repeated the "task from God" lie.

The Washington Monthly was the source of the lie about special needs funding.

Her husband is a part of the AIP so imo it is a valid issue. They should have clarified that Palin herself is not a member. The "task from god" comment I think I understand but to us unreligious, it sounds as if she is saying Iraq is god's will. Apparently that is how she prays so whatever. And the book banning thing I cannot excuse her from. Why the f**k would anyone want to ban books? Ridiculous.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 12:11:26 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The NYT flat out lied in the AIP story. No ifs, ands or buts.

The "task from God" comment is another flat out lie. A purposeful and blatant lie.

Palin never banned any books. No books were banned from the library. Unlike what the media has claimed.

Her husband is a part of AIP, something all Americans should know. The "task from god" statement does sound scary. And again why would she even think about banning books?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2008, 02:23:15 PM by sbane »

Palin press may boycott UN conference Kenneth P. Vogel
1 hour, 11 minutes ago

NEW YORK – Journalists, displeased with Sarah Palin’s efforts to restrict their access to her, are threatening not to cover her events surrounding the United Nations conference here unless they're allowed more access.

The unfolding boycott is the latest development in a rocky relationship between Palin’s handlers and the press, in which the campaign has sought to tightly control her interactions with the media.

The campaign had originally indicated that the print reporters following her campaign would be among the small group of journalists allowed to attend the so-called “pool sprays” before Palin’s meetings with dignitaries on the sidelines of the U.N. meetings.

The sprays are basically glorified photo opportunities during which journalists can snap photos and film footage and – if they’re lucky – shout a question or two at Palin and her company before she adjourns for private meetings. On Tuesday, those meetings were to include Afghan President Karzai and former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

But the imbroglio began developing Tuesday morning when Palin’s handlers informed the small print press contingent covering her campaign that the print reporter designated to cover the events, Elizabeth Holmes of the Wall Street Journal, would not be allowed to cover the sprays.

The campaign’s reasoning was that there were not going to be questions or statements at the sprays, so they were only appropriate for photographers and cameramen.

The campaign also at first moved to bar CNN, the television network designated for pool duty, from sending its editorial producer – basically a hybrid print/video journalist – though the campaign budged when the network threatened to withhold its cameras as well.

With Palin’s first meeting set to begin at noon, that leaves the print reporters on the outs.

UPDATE: After shutting the print pooler, Holmes, out of the spray before Palin’s meeting with Afghan President Karzai—“rudely,” according to Holmes—the campaign relented and agreed to let her cover the sprays before Palin’s next two meetings, with Colombian President Uribe and Kissinger. Updated story forthcoming.

The Press:

So you don't think Palin should have to answer questions? We don't know jack sh**t about her you do realize that? People excuse the inexperience argument by countering that Obama himself is inexperienced. But the difference is that Obama has taken countless numbers of questions from reporters and people. He has been covered like a celebrity for these last two years and I think people have a pretty good idea of who he is and what he believes in. We don't know anything about Palin and whether she is up to the task.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 03:12:37 AM »

I think the Governor has every right to do this. The media's been treating her poorly, and she's just pushing back.

Also, I like it when someone gives the media the finger. Grin Stick it to those disingenuous and sensationalist bastards. Smiley

So the American public is not entitled to ask her questions? Roll Eyes The media is our vehicle to do that since we can't all personally have our hour with Mrs Palin.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 03:22:49 AM »

I think the Governor has every right to do this. The media's been treating her poorly, and she's just pushing back.

Also, I like it when someone gives the media the finger. Grin Stick it to those disingenuous and sensationalist bastards. Smiley

So the American public is not entitled to ask her questions? Roll Eyes The media is our vehicle to do that since we can't all personally have our hour with Mrs Palin.

I know the Governor was blasted when her daughter said she was going to have a kid. Senator Obama was born to a single, teenage mother. (A fact he reminded reporters of when they first got this story) Did they lambaste him or his mother?

Don't equate dailykos with the media. I didn't see anybody in the mainstream media criticizing her daughter or Palin. Maybe they also pointed out that Palin does not support sex ed, which has been shown to reduce the rate of unwanted pregnancies. If they did I do not see it as an attack but rather they were just pointing out her stance on an issue that was hitting close to home for her. If you really think they attacked her you gotta show me some proof.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies