Your First Day As President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Your First Day As President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your First Day As President  (Read 11243 times)
humder
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »

If you were elected, what would you do on your first day?

I wouls check out all the conspiricy theories that the government is supposed to be keeping secret, like UFOs etc ofcourse.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:30:54 PM »

I'd rid the world of poverty, bring global peace, balance the federal budget, and cap off the evening by watching re-runs of Family Guy.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:36:34 PM »

I'd throw in a Welcome Back Kotter DVD and have a couple of beers, then immediately hold a press conference and do my "Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein" impression with note from mother in hand....of course!  why do you ask?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 05:37:22 PM »

disband the government via executive order
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 05:41:15 PM »

Buy/invade Canada.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 06:04:23 PM »

Clean out the Presidential Desk and look for loose change.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 06:28:21 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2008, 06:30:28 PM by Zarn »

Either I would plan to start targetting corrupt Congressman...

or

...Get myself involved in a scandal involving a cannon, dozens of pairs of scissors, Gilbert Godfrey, and a woman from Cornwall.

Edit: I just read my own post and realized how violent it sounds. It would be funny to make it sound that way, and then do something completely different.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 12:35:03 PM »

I'd throw in a Welcome Back Kotter DVD and have a couple of beers, then immediately hold a press conference and do my "Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein" impression with note from mother in hand....of course!  why do you ask?

sad news today, Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein, has died.  First Sweathog to graduate to death.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »

Get all the cool secrets and release them in an act advocating open government. Then ponies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 06:12:35 PM »

Getting buzzed.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 08:15:17 AM »

-pardon nearly every federal criminal (except select 'white collar' criminals)

-close nearly every military base, abroad and otherwise

-end executive enforcement of vast majority of laws

-issue Exec Order that states the Mets and Jets will be invited to the White House every year, instead of the the respective MLB and NFL champions, despite however good or bad they prove to be

-announce I'm moving the Capitol to St Thomas, US Virgin Islands effective February 15
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 08:17:12 AM »

also announce support for majority of federal budget to be paid to blacks and Native Americans in the form of reparations.  announce FLDS as the unofficial State religion.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 12:06:31 AM »

First I make the promise to uphold the Constuition, then I give a speech casting vision of returning America to her original intent. After that I'll go to the Oval Office and sign Excutive Order 11110 restoring sound money and expect Congress to have a Abolish the Fed Act on my desk within the first week of my presidency. Then I go to Buttonwood in New York City aka Ground Zero and give a speech acknowledging our dependence on God and seek His forgiveness and mercy for our nation. Around 7pm go to JHOP and spend time in Bible reading and prayer. Return to the Oval Office around 9:30pm and give what will be a fireside chat on encouraging the states to ban abortion with Pro-Life amendments in the states.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 07:20:25 AM »

First I make the promise to uphold the Constuition, then I give a speech casting vision of returning America to her original intent. After that I'll go to the Oval Office and sign Excutive Order 11110 restoring sound money and expect Congress to have a Abolish the Fed Act on my desk within the first week of my presidency. Then I go to Buttonwood in New York City aka Ground Zero and give a speech acknowledging our dependence on God and seek His forgiveness and mercy for our nation. Around 7pm go to JHOP and spend time in Bible reading and prayer. Return to the Oval Office around 9:30pm and give what will be a fireside chat on encouraging the states to ban abortion with Pro-Life amendments in the states.

Contradicted yourself there.
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 10:16:14 AM »

lol, assuming all Americans believe in God.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 03:40:45 PM »

The President has freedom of religion, so he has the freedom to do a national prayer.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 03:46:54 PM »

---Issue an executive order restoring Sound Money, as has been previously mentioned.
---Suspend Drone strikes in Pakistan.
---Announce the withdrawal of all US troops from Afghanistan as soon as possible.
---Ask Congress to reopen investigations into 9/11, OK City, Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Operation Fast & Furious so we can settle conspiracy theories once and for all.
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »

The President has freedom of religion, so he has the freedom to do a national prayer.
I know that. I just love how he and other presidents conveniently leave out atheists, agnostics, secularists, etc.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »

disband the government via executive order
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »

Try not to get killed.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:13 AM »

Immediately see who the Vice President is.  If he/she isn't a total dweeb, resign.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 04:36:02 PM »

Somehow this reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2O12VG8pkc&feature=player_detailpage#t=105s
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »

I'd start planning on who'd I'd appoint to the Supreme Court (Pro Life judges).  And slowly start working to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Than I'd try to bring democracy to Cuba by negotiating with Cuban leaders in a neutral location.

* Tax reform (Modified flat tax)
* education reform
* immigration reform (No Amnesty)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »

---Issue an executive order restoring Sound Money, as has been previously mentioned.
---Suspend Drone strikes in Pakistan.
---Announce the withdrawal of all US troops from Afghanistan as soon as possible.
---Ask Congress to reopen investigations into 9/11, OK City, Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Operation Fast & Furious so we can settle conspiracy theories once and for all.

Points 2,3, and 4 are day 2 of my presidency.

Contradicted yourself there.

No I didn't. I'm repenting as president for the actions of another president. Read a book called The Harbinger by Jonathon Cahn  to understand the actions I'd take on that matter.

As president I would regularly ask the American people to seek the guidence of Divine Providence regarding important matters of state. Benjamin Franklin, not known as one of our more religious founders, called the Constituitional Convention to a season of prayer.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »

Immediately continue work on fixing the economic situation (it would begin as President-elect). Also, party.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies