TN: Mason-Dixon: McCain 55, Obama 39 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:51:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  TN: Mason-Dixon: McCain 55, Obama 39 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN: Mason-Dixon: McCain 55, Obama 39  (Read 1294 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 29, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »

Does anyone here still seriously think that Hillary would have had a shot at this state? 

I don't know.  Probably not Tennessee, but Hillary did a fine job turning herself into an old-school, working class-backing Democrat during the primaries.  I didn't really buy it, but increased turnout that went overwhelmingly for her in the primaries in Appalachian states shows that a lot of people liked her message.  Too bad for her it took her until Obama practically had the thing nailed down to find that message.  I think she would have won Ohio and West Virginia fairly easily. 

If it had been Clinton v. McCain

TENNESSEE
McCain 53%
Clinton 46%

....with the race being Obama v. McCain (and mind you I think Obama wins this thing nationally by 6 points)

McCain 57%
Obama 41%

....fact of the matter is, Obama is going to be destroyed all up and down Appalachia no matter how good he does nationally.  There aren't any Republicans there who will vote for him, and a very good chunk of the Democrats out there don't like him either. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies