has right wing radio gone to far? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:10:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  has right wing radio gone to far? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: has right wing radio gone to far?  (Read 5986 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: September 29, 2008, 02:04:29 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3ap-BK0e0
this is a Bill Moyers video of  Bill Moyers Rage on the radio, It talks about ht ugliness of some on
right wing talk radio, a man In walked in church in Knoxville, Tennessee and Killed one person and injured six others he stated that the reason for his act of senseless act of violence "His Hatred of the Liberal movement"  my question is have people in the right wing media mostly on Talk Radio and on Fox news gone to far, people like Rush Limbaugh,Micheal Savage,  Ann Coulter, Sean Hannitty, Neal Bortz  encouraged  this act of violence, I want our conservative friends to ask themselves to these people contribute more bad then good to our political debate in this country.

I would just like to say for the record that I support the first amendment and I do not support
the Government censor the media under any circumstances, I think these people have
a right to preach what ever they want on the radio no matter how hateful or no matter how much I dissagree  I Think freedom of speech is probably  the most important amendment in the Constitution. I just what people to examine this and realize
that our words have consequences.

To be fair, anyone who actually thinks these radio hosts should be blamed is probably an idiot.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »

Perhaps President Obama and a filibuster proof senate can simply shut talk radio down.  That's the plan, is it not?

Yep, fairness doctrine. Lets hope for some pirate radio.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:07:58 PM »

"Fairness Doctrine" as much as the left would love to pass it simply won't fly.  It's too blatant an attempt to shut down free speech criticism of the Obama administration.  Some liberals wouldn't even go along.  I just meant they'd like to shut up conservatives on the radio.  Obama won't touch it, although he'd like to.  Red state senators don't want to stir up a hornet's nest.

You ain't seen nothing yet. I wouldn't trust Obama as far as I could throw him.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:24:43 PM »

Oh, I don't trust him.  Not as far as I can throw a house.  He just couldn't get away with it as much as he'd like to.  It would be a big time  political overreach and would look like a blatant power grab.  Even Democratic Senators like Nelson of Nebraska wouldn't want any part of it.

I hope you're right, but overall I have a very negative/pessimistic opinion of government in general.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 01:13:34 AM »

I, for one, am glad that the "Fairness" Doctrine is gone.

Good for you. But like me you're politically irrelevant. The leaders of your party are the ones that matter.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 02:44:39 AM »

The quality of right wing talk radio is really very poor. Even Medved has tanked in quality. What gets ratings I guess is inimical to quality. Or maybe the talk show hosts really do lack peripheral vision or something. Hugh Hewitt in particular  is such a pathetic partisan agitprop hack. Does anyone disagree?

Mark Levin is the best thing on the radio.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies