Does suicide end in eternal separation from God? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:05:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does suicide end in eternal separation from God? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: see above
Yes, absolutely

Yes, in some form

No, God forgives no matter what

No, suicide is viewed the same as death by God

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: Does suicide end in eternal separation from God?  (Read 7655 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« on: October 01, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »

no. Sometimes people believe in fate/ destiny. And you can't control it. But sometimes times in after life you can repent. That is if you believe in it.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »

I don’t know. I hope not, personally. Most people who kill themselves are in such dire straits already, I’d hope God would grant some leniency to them. And what about the people who are old, or dying of some terrible disease who take their life because they can no longer take the physical pain? What if they kill themselves to spare their family from going bankrupt over their care? I personally  just think there have to exceptions to the whole rule, depending on the whole situation. I guess the question really is, is there such a thing as a “justifiable suicide?” And is it a sin in God’s eyes to begin with? But hey, I guess no one truly knows.

The way you just wrote, " What if they kill themselves to spare their family from going bankrupt over their care" sounds like they would kill themselfs over the amount of money. Yet god thinks money is not what should keep a family together.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:07:38 PM »

I don’t know. I hope not, personally. Most people who kill themselves are in such dire straits already, I’d hope God would grant some leniency to them. And what about the people who are old, or dying of some terrible disease who take their life because they can no longer take the physical pain? What if they kill themselves to spare their family from going bankrupt over their care? I personally  just think there have to exceptions to the whole rule, depending on the whole situation. I guess the question really is, is there such a thing as a “justifiable suicide?” And is it a sin in God’s eyes to begin with? But hey, I guess no one truly knows.

The way you just wrote, " What if they kill themselves to spare their family from going bankrupt over their care" sounds like they would kill themselfs over the amount of money. Yet god thinks money is not what should keep a family together.

Well, it depends on they could hold on in agony for three months or so and rack up a huge bill at the hospital that goes to their family and ruins all their lives, or they can end it now and save the family finances and prevent the family from having them see the decline of their once beloved family member. Faced with these options, what would you do? I’d hope to have enough courage to kill myself, in this scenario.

And Money is not everything, but we live in an imperfect world, and I so for the sake of things, I think it’s better to do everything you can to protect your family from additional hardships, I think.
Why are you looking at in in the "Napoleon" way?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies