Does suicide end in eternal separation from God? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:10:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does suicide end in eternal separation from God? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: see above
Yes, absolutely

Yes, in some form

No, God forgives no matter what

No, suicide is viewed the same as death by God

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: Does suicide end in eternal separation from God?  (Read 7641 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 02, 2008, 05:41:12 PM »

Absolutely not and I don't believe it is a sin either.

I think few people believe this these days.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:15:38 AM »

Huh

Really?  Its the ultimate act of selfishness and trying to destroy God's will.  Its a sin but I'm not sure if it ends in eternal seperation from God.

I really don't think suicide is the "ultimate" act of selfishness.

Those that committ suicide are not stable. I don't believe (and neither does the Church, by the way) that God punishes those that aren't able to think rationally.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »

Huh

Really?  Its the ultimate act of selfishness and trying to destroy God's will.  Its a sin but I'm not sure if it ends in eternal seperation from God.

I really don't think suicide is the "ultimate" act of selfishness.

Those that committ suicide are not stable. I don't believe (and neither does the Church, by the way) that God punishes those that aren't able to think rationally.

So what about the 9/11 hijackers?

What about them? Are you really asking if I think that their suicide was justified? It doesn't compare, dope. Their suicide isn't simply excused since they were responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people. It's not simply a suicide.

Then again, I'm not in God's position to say whether or not they're truly sorry for their sin. I do have a feeling that with their warped, murderous thinking that they aren't in heaven...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »

I'm pretty surprised at how many people here think that it's a selfish act. Is it selfish is some regards? Yes. I'm not sure that it is in most cases though. Now when we're talking about Budd Dwyer type situations...well...don't even get me started on that disgrace...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 02:18:25 AM »

I'm pretty surprised at how many people here think that it's a selfish act. Is it selfish is some regards? Yes. I'm not sure that it is in most cases though. Now when we're talking about Budd Dwyer type situations...well...don't even get me started on that disgrace...

Well, I think when a lot of people say it's "selfish" they are not necessarily talking about the person who kills himself. I think, at least to me, that the act is selfish to the family of the loved one. How a person could end their life when they may have a lot of family for support and he is taking himself from his/her family. I worked with someone who killed himself and he had a wife and two children, very sad for his family and very selfish.

Oh, yes, I totally agree with that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies