Mississippi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:19:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Mississippi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi  (Read 6310 times)
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« on: September 13, 2004, 12:27:11 PM »
« edited: September 13, 2004, 12:30:48 PM by The Vorlon »

Louisiana has (Directly) also NEVER elected a GOP Senator since the civil war, although the last few races have been quite close.

(I "think" back when the State legislature appointed Senators 100+ years back the GOP had a Senator or two)

Louisiana is not quite the state with the highest black population, the honour goes to Georgia, but it is close.

The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 12:39:16 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2004, 12:46:50 PM by The Vorlon »

Vorlon,

Those percentages are way different than the exit polls I have seen posted on CNN and MSNBC.  Do you havea link for that informationi?

As you "may" recall, there were some "minor" problems with the exit polls in 2000.

Something about some inconsequential southern state that was razor close getting called for the wrong candidate before the polls even closed..? - It didn't get a lot of news coverage, but I recall something to that effect....

But seriously......The fact that they took VNS and burned it to the ground and threw it away should indicate their data may not have been totally accurate.

When ever the US Census is an option for getting political data, use the Census Smiley

Here is a link to the actual census data for voting by race and by state:

Voting by Race State By State - US Census Bureau

The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 04:35:09 PM »

Vorlon,

If I assume the U.S. Census figures are correct, then here is the result in GA:

36% of voters were black, x.10=3.6% for BUSH
64% of voters were black, x.80=51% for BUSH

Total 55% for BUSH

If VNS is correct, then:

25% of voters were black, x.07=2% for BUSH
73% of voters were white, x.71=52% for BUSH
2% of voters were other, x.50=1% for BUSH

Total 55% for BUSH

How do you know the U.S. Census is correct on what percentage of each race voted in the election?  The VNS is at least direct polling results, however flawed they may be.  And there numbers seem more plausible in this case.

VNS only did polling at a limited number of places, the obviously could not be ay the literaly millions of places of voting, all at once.

They would have perhaps 20 "representative" presincts they would poll, as opposes to the census which collects information form literally 10s of thousands of households.

The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 05:36:52 PM »

Vorlon, I assume that the 0-numbers are supposed to be understood as below 0.5? Surely there must be some black voters even in Vermont, etc? Wink

Yes.

There is Peter and his wife Judy.  I understand Jack and his wife Paula live there also.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies