Is McCain camp's effort to potray "Obama=Black+Muslim+Terrorist" work ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:34:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Is McCain camp's effort to potray "Obama=Black+Muslim+Terrorist" work ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is McCain camp's effort to potray "Obama=Black+Muslim+Terrorist" work ?  (Read 7005 times)
Mr.Jones
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »
« edited: October 05, 2008, 07:08:32 PM by Mr.Jones »

I think this is what McCain camp is planning, now that it seems to them  that going uber negative about Obama is the only way out. They think that going uber negative will scare the masses and win the election. Hence trying to exploit him being Black by mentioning about Wright and finally trying to tie him with Ayres. Now what could be more scarry then a black man who is a terrorist ? And now if they can only prove that he is a muslim. Oh yeah , now you are listening.

Obama = Black + Muslim + Tied to terrorists

Game up .That is what they are planning. Scare tactics at its finest. Reminds me of WMD in Iraq, how they threatened US lives and how Saddam was planning an imminent attack on the US. Something sounds familier about this vague scare tactics ?

Will this negative campaining work ? Or will it take McCain towards a crushing defeat ? What do you guys think ?

Or is it just a bull sh**t thing that they are doing so that Obama concentrates on defending himself on this, while McCains come out with a blistering economic plan to outsmart Obama ?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:49:53 PM »

McCain does not have a "blistering economic plan" nor does he have proof that Obama is a Muslim.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

The problem for the McCain camp is that this is all old news.  It also looks real bad because it makes THEM look extreme.  Sure it will work on some people, but at this point, it would have to work on tens of thousands of people in many swing states.  I have said all along that although I support Obama, I expected McCain to win.  However, at this point I am hoping that I am wrong.  McCain would have had to have done this a few months ago in a year that favored republicans.

^^^^^^

At this point, these tactics only fuel the line that McCain behaves erratically in the face of crisis.
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:11:48 AM »

McCain was blindsided by the economic meltdown.

He has no choice but to push the panic button and it will not work.

Too many voters are hurt by the economy and couldn't care less about preachers and 60's radicals.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »

Ever since Palin started her smeaing campaign, Obama has managed to pick up 1 extra point on both Rasmussen and Gallup polls to noew take his lead to 8 persent . Good on him Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:52:07 AM »

If dirt doesn't work, neither side would use it.

It works.  Ask John F Kerry
Punditty
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 02:01:37 AM »

I don't think voters are too concerned about Obama's very weak connection to Ayers when the economy is melting down.

Something better stick soon from all the McPalin mudslinging, or else Obama is going to get close to 400 electoral votes. In a clip I saw today, someone in the audience screamed "a terrorist!" when Palin asked who Obama really was. The crowd cheered. Palin did not stop this incitement to potential mob mentality. I fear she was loving it, soaking up the energy like the National psychic vampire that she is - at least to those susceptible to such "charms."

And you can be sure that Axelrod & Co. already have their Alaska Independence Party file ready to go if the campaign detours into pure mud, but I doubt that will happen. Not in this economy.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 02:31:07 AM »

No.

And im slightly offended people are calling Obama a "terrorist" and "treasonous" and now the SS is investigating some moron who yelled "KILL HIM" at one of Palin's stump speeches. Really?

Makes me sick.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:51:55 PM »

For most voters concerned about whether their job or their house is going to be there next week, "Ayres" is the stuff ya breathes and that guy Rezko from the south side of Chicago - doesn't he play first base for the White Sox?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »

No.

And im slightly offended people are calling Obama a "terrorist" and "treasonous" and now the SS is investigating some moron who yelled "KILL HIM" at one of Palin's stump speeches. Really?

Makes me sick.

Haarp, it's coming.  You think it's bad now?  Just wait.  And let's not blame John McCain.  He won't foment a single bit of this.  It will come from pulpits, right wing blogs, talk radio and extremist groups. 

I've gotten a slew of emails containing commentary about "The nifying of America", "Obama's New Age Plan", and "Obama -- Messiah from the East".  So far, these seem to be coming from individuals and not groups.  But how long before the Council of Conservative Citizens, Lambs of Chirst,  The Church of Jesus Christ, Christian and Stormfront really start their hate campaigns in earnest?

Do these represent Republicans or conservatives?  Not in any way, shape or form.  99% of McCain supporters -- if Obama is elected -- are going to wish him well, protest when he does what they believe to be wrong-headed and work hard for his defeat in 2012.  Simple as that. And should John McCain win, I would hope we liberals would do just the same.

But tragically, it takes only one lunatic with a gun...perhaps believing the vile lies in extremist publications or on right wing radio...to make an end of a President.  I hope and pray it doesn't happen.   To whomever our President is in 2009.
PrisonerOfHope
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.70, S: -5.50

P
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 11:59:31 PM »

UPDATE:

Obama = Black + Muslim + Terrorist + Marxist + Pedophile

Have you forgotten the "He wants to teach sex to Kindergarteners" ad?  Aren't you afraid of how he'll turn the country Communist by restoring the same upper tax rate as George H.W. Bush?  Granted, it is less than under that secret Maoist Richard Nixon.

They have sunk so low and so far out.  They are scaring off far more moderates than the few wingnuts they are trying to appeal to.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 01:43:04 PM »

I think they're just trying to rile up negative sentiment for the next, say, four or eight years.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 01:45:43 PM »

Considering the McCain camp hasn't called Obama "black," "a Muslim," or a "terrorist," I would say their effort to portray him as such has failed miserably.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »

Obama = a black will work, but McCain's campaign doesn't really need to do anything for it to work.
Firefly
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.83

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 04:48:19 PM »

It's hard work.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »

It seems all they have left are attempts like this. Shame on McCain and his spokespeple for choosing these tactics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies