contstitutional party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:51:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  contstitutional party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: contstitutional party  (Read 7234 times)
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2004, 02:56:05 PM »

So this is a convention for a new party? Not to draft a constitution?

I think the headline 'constitutional party' indicates that, yes... Wink

Well I wasnt sure cause he keeps refering to a "constitutional convention" in the other threads which I assumed was to draft the constitution Wink

He wants to do both things, but I think this thread is about a convention.

Maybe a came from a too legalistic place but isn't a threat to democracy a partisan convention when a constitution is drawn for all the parties?

i Think they ought to clarify if the constitution-constitutional party is a party wich platform is to ask for a constitution or they want to drawn the constitution itself and then impose it by force or both or is just a party with a funny name...
dunn

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2004, 05:31:16 PM »

I called for constitution convention and when peopl took jobs and etc \ I  formed the co/ party (name to be change) in order to form an ind party that its first worry right now is a good constitution

so yes its both
and in this thread its the party
in other \i calld for the atlas const/ convention and called and had yout support

Report to moderator    Logged  

Pages: 1 [2]  

dunn

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

So this is a convention for a new party? Not to draft a constitution?

I think the headline 'constitutional party' indicates that, yes... Wink

Well I wasnt sure cause he keeps refering to a "constitutional convention" in the other threads which I assumed was to draft the constitution Wink

He wants to do both things, but I think this thread is about a convention.

Maybe a came from a too legalistic place but isn't a threat to democracy a partisan convention when a constitution is drawn for all the parties?

i Think they ought to clarify if the constitution-constitutional party is a party wich platform is to ask for a constitution or they want to drawn the constitution itself and then impose it by force or both or is just a party with a funny name...

thats my point. people decided on terms etcwith 6-7 person vote I say lets have a constitutiona convention of ALL forum People to decide out Atlas constitution. everybody can make offers/drafts - rep/dem/ind etc. thats all
dunn

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2004, 07:01:02 PM »

thats my point. people decided on terms etc. with 6-7 person vote. I say lets have a constitutional convention of ALL forum People to decide out Atlas constitution. everybody can make offers/drafts - rep/dem/ind etc. thats all.

and the ind. party I form will gets a name and stuff at our 'meeting'  so its the ind party meeting and its not to be mistaken with  my call for a constitutional convention which is now widly accepted
dunn

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2004, 03:03:31 AM »

and I say again - do not give or accepts positions / determand regions etc until we (thats all active members) drafts a constitution
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2004, 04:11:53 AM »

Not really knowing where else to post this submission, I shall post it here.

Registration to vote
1. You must register two weeks before the beginning of an election to be able to vote in the election concerned.
2. You must have attained a certain number of posts, probably needs to go up from 18.

Presidential Election
1. By simple majority vote - as is presently
2. Contests every 2 months, beginning on the third Friday of the month an noon EST and ending on the following Sunday at noon EST.
3. President and Veep run on a ticket and may not be separated by voters.
4. No campaigning shall occur in voter registration or voting threads (in fact nothing other than voter registration or voting should occur in those threads)
5. No person shall be elected President more than two times consecutively.
6. If the President shall vacate his position, then the Vice President shall immedieately become President.
7. If the Vice President shall vacate his position then the President shall immediately appoint a new Vice President subject to a confirmation vote.

Supreme Court
1. Supreme Court shall have strength of 3
2. Each Justice is appointed for 6 month terms by the President (do we need confirmations?)
3. New Justices are appointed one week after the Presidential election.
4. Upon first appointment of the Supreme Court, Justices will divide themselves into 3 classes, each Justice having a term of 2 months, 4 months and 6 months respectively.
5. Upon the appointment of a new Justice, the SC shall elect a new Chief Justice. The Chief Justice shall announce all decisions of the Court.
6. If a Justice shall vacate their post for whatever reason, then the President shall nominate a new Justice to fulfil the remainder of the term.

Vacation of office
1. A person shall have vacated their office if:
a. They publically resign;
b. Dave "Board God" Leip expels them from the board.
c. Die (bit morbid)
d. Are recalled by the voters - similar style to CA recall, just without new elections.
dunn

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2004, 04:16:34 AM »

Registration to vote
1. You must register two weeks before the beginning of an election to be able to vote in the election concerned.
2. You must have attained a certain number of posts, probably needs to go up from 18.

Presidential Election
2. Contests every 2 months, beginning on the third Friday of the month an noon EST and ending on the following Sunday at noon EST.
4. No campaigning shall occur in voter registration or voting threads (in fact nothing other than voter registration or voting should occur in those threads)
6. If the President shall vacate his position, then the Vice President shall immedieately become President.
7. If the Vice President shall vacate his position then the President shall immediately appoint a new Vice President subject to a confirmation vote.

Supreme Court
2. Each Justice is appointed for 6 month terms by the President (do we need confirmations?)
4. Upon first appointment of the Supreme Court, Justices will divide themselves into 3 classes, each Justice having a term of 2 months, 4 months and 6 months respectively.
5. Upon the appointment of a new Justice, the SC shall elect a new Chief Justice. The Chief Justice shall announce all decisions of the Court.
6. If a Justice shall vacate their post for whatever reason, then the President shall nominate a new Justice to fulfil the remainder of the term.

Vacation of office
c. Die (bit morbid)
d. Are recalled by the voters - similar style to CA recall, just without new elections.

thank you. I agree with big part and the main thing is that we gave to bring this and other drafts for constitution convention that will vote on it
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2004, 04:45:25 AM »

Dunn,

Are you forming an actual party of independents?
If so, is it to be called the Constitutional Party?
What is your platform?

Pete
dunn

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2004, 04:56:52 AM »

Dunn,

What is your platform?

Pete

I do
It's independent party which now (temp) is called constitution party b/c I call for a constitutional convention of this forum so people here can do things properly by condition the majority agreed on
I call for the Party ingu. meeting 4-5 march (next thu-fri).
We will decide on issues, me I see myself (and my party....) basically as a social democrat on social and economic issues, midllke of the road about int'l stuff, pro-green on daily issues and favour strong constitution, powerfull parlament
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2004, 09:12:36 AM »

Registration to vote

Presidential Election

Supreme Court

Vacation of office
c. Die (bit morbid)

I agree with most of your propposal (i know this isn't the place to express this) but recall option, wich i think may be used in a partisan way (as in California).

Always i wondered how the burocracy grow you gave me the answer... and i'm afraid that's maybe not enough people to full your institutions, maybe we can to do without a SC?
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2004, 09:18:28 AM »

Dunn,

What is your platform?

Pete

I do
It's independent party which now (temp) is called constitution party b/c I call for a constitutional convention of this forum so people here can do things properly by condition the majority agreed on
We will decide on issues, me I see myself (and my party....) basically as a social democrat on social and economic issues, midllke of the road about int'l stuff, pro-green on daily issues and favour strong constitution, powerfull parlament

Dunn,
about my latest proposal of issues to the platform it was seriously (except for the Chomsky stuff) i'm very intererested in your attemps for a third party.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2004, 09:28:40 AM »

I hereby join the Constitutional Party.
dunn

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2004, 10:30:56 AM »

welcome
it's an honor
dunn

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2004, 10:31:59 AM »

Dunn,

What is your platform?

Pete

I do

Dunn,
about my latest proposal of issues to the platform it was seriously (except for the Chomsky stuff) i'm very intererested in your attemps for a third party.

you are more than welcome
dunn

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2004, 02:27:41 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:
president-elect nym90 and vice-president-elect harry announced their support in a constitution and constitutional convention. our first goal seem to be just around the corner
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2004, 02:46:11 PM »

I'm waiting for you to declare your poisition on the issues to see whether I join you Smiley
dunn

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2004, 02:57:20 PM »

I'm waiting for you to declare your poisition on the issues to see whether I join you Smiley
look several posts back' i did

if you have a question about any particukar issues pleas ask. I must state that like ant party we can have our differences (ie Lieberman and \kucinich)

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2004, 04:50:36 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2004, 04:51:25 PM by Beet »

I have 3 questions about your platform, dunn.

1. By "Social Democrat" on social and economic issues, how is that different than the current American Democrats?

2. What do you mean by green on daily issues?

3. If you have an official platform, how will it be determined?
dunn

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2004, 05:34:13 PM »

1. By "Social Democrat" on social and economic issues, how is that different than the current American Democrats?

1. I support the modern wellfare state, medicare for example , nore money for publice education etc
2. I thing the planet is in danger, I support accapting  Kyoto and beyond
3 the und party will have a mini convention march 4-5 and all joining members will take part in a platform if we decide to present one. it's does not mean we can not have differences (if Sharpton and Lieberman are n the same party...)

dunn

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2004, 06:33:44 PM »

DIN Breaking News: 3 cornerstone of the Atlas - demrepdan, supersoulty and thewildcard - are also for a constitutional convention asap
dunn

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2004, 08:38:27 PM »

dunn

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2004, 04:21:20 AM »

DIN Breaking News: aconstitutional convrntion is now an idea that is turning into a fact. as you can see in anothet thread some high profile sr members are working on it
dunn

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2004, 04:26:47 AM »

I recon you don't like tham ideas
dunn

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2004, 04:53:10 AM »

dunn

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2004, 05:29:05 AM »

Dunn,

What is your platform?

Pete

I do

hey pete
do you join us?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies