contstitutional party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:29:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  contstitutional party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: contstitutional party  (Read 7237 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2004, 07:35:40 AM »

Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2004, 09:46:35 AM »

It depends, I have yet to see a thorough articulation of your own beliefs, so I am not really wanting to jump on board this particular wagon at the moment. More generally, I don't affiliate with either of the main parties (although at present I do support Kerry over Bush) because I share ideological traits from both.

Anybody from the UK will know what I mean when I say I am a wet Tory, my position is essentially social libertarian, so I could quite easily find myself within the Democratic party or in some of the smaller third party movements. I probably couldnt join the Republican party full-on because I wouldnt be able to stand the religious right.

Just to see what your position is, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few pointed questions:
1. What is your position on dealing with the EU on trade, defence and "general" diplomatic relations? Is the EU right to push ahead with Kyoto without Russia and the US?
2. What is your interpretation of the Second Amendment?
3. Does the state have a legitimate interest in censoring television shows with nudity present?
4. Is a balanced budget the first rule of fiscal policy?
5. Does increased public spending come before or after public service reform?
6. Who should get free healthcare?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2004, 10:31:43 AM »

It depends, I have yet to see a thorough articulation of your own beliefs, so I am not really wanting to jump on board this particular wagon at the moment. More generally, I don't affiliate with either of the main parties (although at present I do support Kerry over Bush) because I share ideological traits from both.

Anybody from the UK will know what I mean when I say I am a wet Tory, my position is essentially social libertarian, so I could quite easily find myself within the Democratic party or in some of the smaller third party movements. I probably couldnt join the Republican party full-on because I wouldnt be able to stand the religious right.

Just to see what your position is, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few pointed questions:
1. What is your position on dealing with the EU on trade, defence and "general" diplomatic relations? Is the EU right to push ahead with Kyoto without Russia and the US?
3. Does the state have a legitimate interest in censoring television shows with nudity present?

We're very similar in that case...I could have written that exact post... Wink
dunn

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2004, 10:37:42 AM »

I think this is a good idea to get started on a third party.  This could affect the politics and upcoming elections greatly.  Smiley

yup

it will fresg our party if you join mr fresh
dunn

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2004, 11:01:07 AM »

true
\i am at work now so I will do it later this evening
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2004, 12:35:07 PM »

I'm really at favor of most of your issues and positions it seems moderate but strong in some areas. Pet question's are accute especially in welfare state/economic issues so we're waiting your comments on that.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2004, 05:28:48 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2004, 05:31:13 PM by Beet »

I have 3 questions about your platform, dunn.

1. By "Social Democrat" on social and economic issues, how is that different than the current American Democrats?

2. What do you mean by green on daily issues?

3. If you have an official platform, how will it be determined?

I recon you don't like tham ideas

Nope, I was just trying to ask some clarifying questions, no more. But I was asking them for a reason... by supporting medicare, "modern" welfare, increased education funding, and Kyoto, it's still hard to see the difference between this independent party and what Nym's position might be. But as the campaigning was not surrounded on these issues to my knowledge, except for education, there is probably some significant distinction that will become clear soon, esp. as you elaborate your positions. Anyhoo, Mr. Fresh is right... having a third party on the ticket could split the vote if the platforms of 2 of the parties are very similiar. Just something to consider.
dunn

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2004, 06:48:49 PM »

I have 3 questions about your platform, dunn.

1. By "Social Democrat" on social and economic issues, how is that different than the current American Democrats?

2. What do you mean by green on daily issues?

3. If you have an official platform, how will it be determined?

I recon you don't like tham ideas

Nope, I was just trying to ask some clarifying questions, no more. But I was asking them for a reason... by supporting medicare, "modern" welfare, increased education funding, and Kyoto, it's still hard to see the difference between this independent party and what Nym's position might be. But as the campaigning was not surrounded on these issues to my knowledge, except for education, there is probably some significant distinction that will become clear soon, esp. as you elaborate your positions. Anyhoo, Mr. Fresh is right... having a third party on the ticket could split the vote if the platforms of 2 of the parties are very similiar. Just something to consider.
I still do not run  for office, we just had elections.
some ideas are defently not new to the democratic and /or repulican party. The first goal of this ind party was to gave constitutional convention so that all people will be able to decide what is good for our 'nation' and not that a few will decide for all.
members of a party u know don't have to agree on all issues, Lieberman ans Sharpton are both democrats, MacCain and Keyes both republicans. I preffer to be ind. and I am sure anycody who joins us is not as far apart as the dems and reps I just reffered too

dunn

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2004, 07:43:57 PM »

1. as an anti blobalization person I support the eu/us/any country to preform some restrictions/protetion in a few cases on their products. I support Kyoto and think its W big mistake not to. the eu can push it just as the us can stop its. thats the game.
2.the 2nd amd talks not just on a well gourded militia but on defending a free state. and that the citizens. I don't want to reapeell it but support law that will ban auto weapens, have a waiting period on buying gun, not sell a gun to a violent convicted person etc
3.it's against the first amd. but the networks should know that parents and coustemers boycot may hurt them more themn a law
4.no. but its important. having growth and creating jobs with a debt (but a amall one up to 2% or so) is ok
5.they dome together. hand in hand
6. well, every old guy that paid so/sec have a right to decent modern care for his problems without going bankrupt. every child must get a minimun care, the details must be sorted out

Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2004, 12:12:01 AM »

1. as an anti blobalization person I support the eu/us/any country to preform some restrictions/protetion in a few cases on their products. I support Kyoto and think its W big mistake not to. the eu can push it just as the us can stop its. thats the game.
2.the 2nd amd talks not just on a well gourded militia but on defending a free state. and that the citizens. I don't want to reapeell it but support law that will ban auto weapens, have a waiting period on buying gun, not sell a gun to a violent convicted person etc
3.it's against the first amd. but the networks should know that parents and coustemers boycot may hurt them more themn a law
4.no. but its important. having growth and creating jobs with a debt (but a amall one up to 2% or so) is ok
6. well, every old guy that paid so/sec have a right to decent modern care for his problems without going bankrupt. every child must get a minimun care, the details must be sorted out.

1. So you dealt with the trade issue, now what about the defence issue and the general diplomatic relations issue?
2. I asked for your interpretation of the second amendment not your position on guns (unless you consider them one and the same).
5. The point is that one has to come before the other: which one first?
dunn

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2004, 04:22:10 AM »

6. well, every old guy that paid so/sec have a right to decent modern care for his problems without going bankrupt. every child must get a minimun care, the details must be sorted out.

1. So you dealt with the trade issue, now what about the defence issue and the general diplomatic relations issue?
2. I asked for your interpretation of the second amendment not your position on guns (unless you consider them one and the same).
5. The point is that one has to come before the other: which one first?

do you mean Nato, sending troops to defend france? what is 'general' realations - it's too general.
I think I did gave mi interpretation and my position on guns.
why can't you make some order in public service and spend money on education etc. it's a process and it should start ti gether.

BTW we don't have to agree on everthing. our party cherish the independent views and beliefs

dunn

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2004, 04:52:59 AM »

the press sec made a statment that the president is  accapting the constitutional convention idea. we call the president not to make any decitions about senat/house/governers/court but let the convention decide. In the Past our vice president elect talked about a constitutional convention commetee of 5 people
I have an idea--why don't we appoint a five member committee to draft it?

How about Dunn, Demrepdan, Harry, PD, and Supersoulty somehow correspond and draft the thing, and then present it to the forum for ratification.

We can expand it to 6 or 7, but I'd be wary about taking it any further.  Nym90 can appoint the actual members.

Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2004, 05:03:56 AM »

Let me reiterate some even more pointed questions:

1. What is your opinion of the EU opeating a defence structure outside of NATO (thats what I was getting at)?
2. What is your opinion of the fact that many within the EU now see it as the principal counter-balance to the US in the world, and how do you deal with it on those terms?
3. You stated a general position on the second amendment; What is your interpretation of the second amendment vis a vis the requirement of gun owners to have licences?
4. In dealing with the education system would you require the education system to reform so that you invested more money in it, or would you invest more money in it so you could reform it?

You consistently repeat the notion that we can occupy the same party whilst holding conflicting views, whilst I agree with this, it is important to establish that we must agree on somethings.
dunn

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2004, 06:09:29 AM »

Let me reiterate some even more pointed questions:

1. What is your opinion of the EU opeating a defence structure outside of NATO (thats what I was getting at)?
2. What is your opinion of the fact that many within the EU now see it as the principal counter-balance to the US in the world, and how do you deal with it on those terms?
3. You stated a general position on the second amendment; What is your interpretation of the second amendment vis a vis the requirement of gun owners to have licences?
4. In dealing with the education system would you require the education system to reform so that you invested more money in it, or would you invest more money in it so you could reform it?

You consistently repeat the notion that we can occupy the same party whilst holding conflicting views, whilst I agree with this, it is important to establish that we must agree on somethings.

I am againt another millitary organization outside NATO but its the eu right to decide fot its own. I think that in matter of defance there is more common intrests and anyway us and uk are doing all the millitary work. I want to belive thaht the uk stand on NATO will winn, not France/Germany position.

As more and more 3rd world immigrents come to europe and the rise of millitant islam the conservativs in europe - in term of how they see the world forces - will prevail.

if one should have licences to a car it's not anti-constitutional to have to have one for a gun, but it will be imposiblle to force such a law  

give money to education and reform the system - the bigger the reform the more money you put in

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2004, 06:57:35 AM »

Pete, how about it:
You join now.
You attend our convention.
If you don't like the result, you leave again. That's what most founder members of third parties do, after all.
I just don't want to be all alone with Dunn Wink
dunn

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2004, 07:09:23 AM »

don't worry Lewis, you joined, mr bell and mr esteban show great intrest. Our idea about constitutional convention was adupdet by all parties and main stream politics , even the president. its a huge success and we did it in a few days.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2004, 07:20:25 AM »

don't worry Lewis, you joined, mr bell and mr esteban show great intrest. Our idea about constitutional convention was adupdet by all parties and main stream politics , even the president. its a huge success and we did it in a few days.

The message definitely got across, but will the messengers benefit (electorally, I mean)?
Don't worry, I'm not deserting you.
dunn

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2004, 07:22:41 AM »

and others show intrest as well inc Ilikeverin - the young generation  knows that we are the place!

dunn

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2004, 07:45:26 AM »

The message definitely got across, but will the messengers benefit (electorally, I mean)?
Don't worry, I'm not deserting you.

well, we look for our ideas to come forward and that will be our great benefit, but I Know we can make impact on election days too

Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2004, 07:46:10 AM »

Thanks but no thanks

A. Your party has a dodgy name (the CP in the US is rather right wing)
B. Your personal ideology seems to reflect a social democratic/socialist position; I can already tell that we disagree on a few issues, more I suspect if I were to probe you further.
C. I quite like being completely politically independent, it allows me to ask difficult questions of all sides.

PS, Dunn you can put the CP banner in your signature on your profile page
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2004, 07:56:15 AM »

The "Constitutional Party" is to be an affiliate of the West Virginia Democratic Party.
We have already affiliated with the Socialist Party USA, the Labor Party, the Democratic Socialists of America and have begun negotiations with the Mountain Party.
dunn

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2004, 07:56:57 AM »

Thanks but no thanks

A. Your party has a dodgy name (the CP in the US is rather right wing)
B. Your personal ideology seems to reflect a social democratic/socialist position; I can already tell that we disagree on a few issues, more I suspect if I were to probe you further.
C. I quite like being completely politically independent, it allows me to ask difficult questions of all sides.
A.The final name will be decided at the convention anyways. But the American "Constitution Party" is not just "rather" right wing...
B.Yeah, I noticed on you webpage you want an elected monarch. I didn't get why...
C.Okay. That's an argument.
We will refrain from using force to get you to join Smiley

the name is temporary till our convention. its contitutional p not constitution p not to  be mistaken by right wing moore. we are center-left on social issues and I admire the indepensents and see my self as one
as my friend Lewis said you are invited to out convention asa guest

Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2004, 07:59:14 AM »

A.The final name will be decided at the convention anyways. But the American "Constitution Party" is not just "rather" right wing...
B.Yeah, I noticed on you webpage you want an elected monarch. I didn't get why...

A. I am the master of understatement;
B. The reason I want an elected Monarch is because I like the traditional aspects of my country, whilst at the sametime I wish to inject some accountability into the institution, but thats a debate for elsewhere... You shouldn't interpret that position as informing my general political beliefs as this isn't the case.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2004, 08:02:24 AM »

the name is temporary till our convention. its contitutional p not constitution p not to  be mistaken by right wing moore. we are center-left on social issues and I admire the indepensents and see my self as one
as my friend Lewis said you are invited to out convention asa guest

I understand that the name is slightly different, but to a casual observer, you might well be equated with the nutters.
You are no longer an independent as you are starting your own party!
dunn

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2004, 08:05:43 AM »

A. I am the master of understatement;
B. The reason I want an elected Monarch is because I like the traditional aspects of my country, whilst at the sametime I wish to inject some accountability into the institution, but thats a debate for elsewhere... You shouldn't interpret that position as informing my general political beliefs as this isn't the case.

we can elect you as peter the I, monarch of massachusets, king of the independent, count of Oxford
Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies