Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:55:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012  (Read 21947 times)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: October 15, 2008, 05:28:43 AM »

Something that I see happening is that after four years of a President Barack Obama, an angry GOP base I think will want someone "pure" who they don't have have any major doubts about. So I don't think Romney or Huckabee would really benefit from such a scenario.

With that said, John Thune seems like somebody who would fit that profile.

The possibility of Tim Pawlenty have piqued my interest, though I'm not sure about his chances.

Given the history of losing VP candidates being nominated four years after their initial defeat, Sarah Palin would be well-advised to sit out 2012, to allow chance for his image to heal.

I'm with the consensus that Bobby Jindal is someone who could be a serious contender down the line, but I would also agree that unless Obama looks beatable he probably wont run. And given his age, he can afford to wait.

At the moment, I guess I would say Thune, with Pawlenty maybe having an outside chance. 

I largely agree (Thune, Pawlenty as only an outsider, Jindal but eventually not in 2012). But Romney will want to run and he will have big means.
And don't forget Mark Sanford who would fit this trend among GOP base for 2012, IF (a big IF, it seems) he decides he can keep on being a politician after all.

I still don't understand why people still think Huck will be candidate again.
The way he campaigned (so "specific") won't let him an opportunity. Unless he wants to be GOP's Jesse Jackson.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies