Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:43:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Will The Republicans Look to in 2012  (Read 22070 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 10, 2008, 08:32:33 AM »

Let's see what this year and the coming years produce before we get into definites, guys.

Four years ago, almost no one here would have predicted that a State Senator from Illinois would be the frontrunner for the Presidency in 2008 especially after the GOP made major gains in several areas (locally, in Congress, etc.).

To quote a great mind, "be patient."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 04:18:09 PM »

By this point in time, Barack Obama had given his convention speech and was widely seen as a future star of the Democratic Party. 2008 looked too soon for him, but he was definitely known as an individual, and not just a state senator.

He wasn't that well known. Either way, he was still just a State Senator/first term U.S. Senator. No one saw this coming this soon.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »

By this point in time, Barack Obama had given his convention speech and was widely seen as a future star of the Democratic Party. 2008 looked too soon for him, but he was definitely known as an individual, and not just a state senator.

He wasn't that well known. Either way, he was still just a State Senator/first term U.S. Senator. No one saw this coming this soon.

He still isn't.

He isn't that well known now? Uh...J.J....come on...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:29:29 PM »

I'm just saying, if there's an equivalent on the Republican side, it's someone who has already made a stir at a national level. Obama had given the keynote address for the Democrats. He was at Bobby Jindal level, not Andy Dinniman level.

Whatever the case, he wasn't that well known, the GOP just won comfortable majorities in both chambers of Congress, Bush was re-elected...people were talking about a GOP majority that would last for years. Four years later, the frontrunner for the Presidency will likely end up being our most liberal President (if elected), the Dems will have a comfortable hold on Congress, etc.

The point: Things change.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 05:56:15 PM »

I'm going to be different and say Dino Rossi. Well, if he manages to beat Gregoire that is.

I can see that. If only he had won in 2004...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »

I am going to agree with bgwah and say Rossi. He has a good shot of winning

I just hope that it doesn't look like McCain is getting hammered because many Republican voters may stay home in WA.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 06:26:55 PM »

I am going to agree with bgwah and say Rossi. He has a good shot of winning

I just hope that it doesn't look like McCain is getting hammered because many Republican voters may stay home in WA.

Ha! No way. They love Rossi more than McCain. Way more. If anything McCain will get reverse coattails from Rossi.

Eh...I guess that makes sense. I just hope you're right. This guy can be our new star.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 12:51:22 PM »

Assuming Santorum doesn't run and a few other things fall into place, I've found my candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 12:58:38 PM »

Assuming Santorum doesn't run and a few other things fall into place, I've found my candidate.

And their name is?

I plan on making comments about him or her later. I really don't want to do it so soon considering this race isn't even over yet. It's annoying to get so far ahead of ourselves. That being said, I've mentioned his or her name to a few people and I'm convinced that this person is the future of our party (again, assuming that some things fall into place).

I've dropped a few hints elsewhere on the forum. Do some searching and take a guess.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »

I think he's talking about Bobby Jindahl.

Wrong

...and that's all I'm saying for now.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »

And their name is?

I plan on making comments about him or her later. I really don't want to do it so soon considering this race isn't even over yet. It's annoying to get so far ahead of ourselves. That being said, I've mentioned his or her name to a few people and I'm convinced that this person is the future of our party (again, assuming that some things fall into place).

I've dropped a few hints elsewhere on the forum. Do some searching and take a guess.  Wink

You know, Phil, just because the guy is a greasy dago doesn't mean you should feel compelled to vote for him.  The guy's qualifications are limited at best, not to mention that he has to actually win something first.  And even then, voting for a one term governor because he is a young, charismatic Italian makes you no better than people who vote Obama for similar reasons.

Roll Eyes

Right, Super. That's why I'm possibly supporting the person you mentioned. That was totally uncalled for. Totally. Grow up, dude, and lay off the bottle before posting (oh, and that wasn't an ethnic attack either. Just the truth).

By the way, the most offensive part is not how you think Rossi is just some "greasy dago" but that you think I pick my candidates based on ethnicity. That's pretty assinine and goes to show how little you know about me. I assume you have supported McCain and Toomey in the past because of their ethnic background. You know you shouldn't do that, Super! Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 01:36:02 PM »

And their name is?

I've dropped a few hints elsewhere on the forum. Do some searching and take a guess.  Wink

You know, Phil, just because the guy is a greasy dago doesn't mean you should feel compelled to vote for him.  The guy's qualifications are limited at best, not to mention that he has to actually win something first.  And even then, voting for a one term governor because he is a young, charismatic Italian makes you no better than people who vote Obama for similar reasons.

Roll Eyes

Right, Super. That's why I'm possibly supporting the person you mentioned. That was totally uncalled for. Totally. Grow up, dude, and lay off the bottle before posting (oh, and that wasn't an ethnic attack either. Just the truth).

By the way, the most offensive part is not how you think Rossi is just some "greasy dago" but that you think I pick my candidates based on ethnicity. That's pretty assinine and goes to show how little you know about me. I assume you have supported McCain and Toomey in the past because of their ethnic background. You know you shouldn't do that, Super! Roll Eyes

Phil...

Why you noa takea nojoke no more?
Sorry, the lettering in the middle was supposed to be white, but that wouldn't show

Fair enough. I just wasn't sure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies