Predict the Obama Presidency (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:28:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Predict the Obama Presidency (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict the Obama Presidency  (Read 6480 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: October 13, 2008, 02:53:05 AM »

So, what kind of Presidency do you think he'll have?

I'm interested both in what his supporters expect from his and what his detractors fear from him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:57:40 AM »

I'm interested both in what his supporters expect from his and what his detractors fear from him.

#7) hopefully get rid of that ban on partial-birth abortions

You know, try as hard as I might, I have never been able to understand the affinity of some of the Left for the notion of riping a living human being who has a pretty decent chance of being self-sustaining, out of the body of another who is quite obviously pregnant at this point, cracking open thier skull and sucking out their brain, all while the infant is kicking and screaming. 

Perhaps you could enlighten me. 

Have you ever seen one of these performed?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 03:12:53 AM »

You know, try as hard as I might, I have never been able to understand the affinity of some of the Left for the notion of riping a living human being who has a pretty decent chance of being self-sustaining, out of the body of another who is quite obviously pregnant at this point, cracking open thier skull and sucking out their brain, all while the infant is kicking and screaming. 

It shouldn't be the Government's choice as to who can or can't have an abortion. If A women feels like it needs to be done, that's her decision. Why do you feel like you need to refuse a woman's right to do what she wants with her life/body?

I guess I can ask the same thing for Gay Marriages, since I think it applies there too.

First off, I'm not even talking about all abortion, I am talking about Partial Birth, in particular, so please don't retreat to those tired old lines about "right to choose" etc, etc, because in this case, it doesn't apply.  If you haven't made the choice by the time the child is viable, then that should be it, end of story.  If mommy has a problem with that then too fu(king bad.

When Bubba goes out and lynches a black man for sleeping with a white woman, we don't sit aroudn and invent excuses for why Bubba made that choice, and we certainly don't defend it.  We recongnize that someone took another functioning human life and ended it.

It shouldn't be the governments choice how I raise my kids, but if I beat them and lock them in a closet, then they... by which of course, I mean society and the law, ought to make it our business.  There are levels.  I am personally opposed to any and all abortions, but I can see arguments for keeping them legal... after six months, there are no excuses.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 03:16:49 AM »

Its not so much that I have any feelings towards how abortions are performed, its just that if you are going to do something do it all or none...not somewhere in the middle.

Well, that is an absolutely brilliant philosophy of government that would go a long way towards explaining how civilization got this far... I think civility, compromise, thoughtfulness and restraint were getting pretty tired anyway, right?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 03:37:26 AM »

It shouldn't be the Government's choice as to who can or can't have an abortion. If A women feels like it needs to be done, that's her decision. Why do you feel like you need to refuse a woman's right to do what she wants with her life/body?

I guess I can ask the same thing for Gay Marriages, since I think it applies there too.

First off, I'm not even talking about all abortion, I am talking about Partial Birth, in particular, so please don't retreat to those tired old lines about "right to choose" etc, etc, because in this case, it doesn't apply.  If you haven't made the choice by the time the child is viable, then that should be it, end of story.  If mommy has a problem with that then too fu(king bad.

When Bubba goes out and lynches a black man for sleeping with a white woman, we don't sit aroudn and invent excuses for why Bubba made that choice, and we certainly don't defend it.  We recongnize that someone took another functioning human life and ended it.

It shouldn't be the governments choice how I raise my kids, but if I beat them and lock them in a closet, then they... by which of course, I mean society and the law, ought to make it our business.  There are levels.  I am personally opposed to any and all abortions, but I can see arguments for keeping them legal... after six months, there are no excuses.

Bubba...dont you think thats a little racist?

I'm white.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies