Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:30:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.  (Read 18360 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »

Being called a child is just a tad rich, don't you think? It's not as if I'm the one who's locking threads because people are being mean to me.

I'm locking threads because you have nothing constructive to say; you're just throwing around personal insults. You're a troll with something personal against me ever since you joined the forum. Again, it's kind of sweet but stop being such a douche. Thanks, pal.

This is the first time I've addressed you in weeks.

Stop being a flaming drama queen.

I know. I enjoyed your break from the forum. Now just forget your password and we'll be set.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »

And miss your next prediction?

Never. I need the comic relief.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »

Again, what prediction was laughable this year? I had Obama winning PA and nationally. If you want to throw in my face that PA had a double digit margin, fine. Please realize that when November 4th approached, hardly anyone had PA going for Obama by double digits.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2008, 12:26:20 PM »

Will a moderator please lock this thread. It's out of control.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »

Will a moderator please lock this thread. It's out of control.

Mind your own business. Thanks.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2008, 08:11:01 PM »

Dude if things stayed the same and the market didn't crash Obama wouldn't have won it by 10 points, but rather by 2-3 at least. Anybody seeing the polls then could have told you that, but no your anecdotal evidence was too important. PA was above the national mean like we all said would happen a hundred million times and you disputed that a hundred million times. And that would have happened regardless of economic conditions.

Dude, you must be really special. To predict with certainty what would happen that far out is amazing! Just get me the Powerball numbers, ok?

Read the bolded part again. I know the debates we had before the election about PA involved that point. I had said back then( and I think Lunar as well?) that this election PA would be at least a few points more democratic than the national average. So if the race had been tied, which I assume would have been the result without the economic crash, Obama would have still won PA by 2-3 points. Back in september when the polls were just about tied, Obama still was never behind in any poll even at Mccain's peak. Thus even a retarded monkey with an abacus could have told you Obama would have won PA, as long as Mccain didn't win by more than 2-3 points. My main argument back then was that PA would not be a tipping point state and I was right and you were wrong. And the reason you were wrong is because you relied on your anecdotal evidence( I don't know what else you could have relied on since all the polls were showing that you were wrong). Now I don't want to argue anymore, but can we both sing kumbaya and say with one voice that anecdotal evidence only tells you about the enthusiasm of a base, and it is absolutely worthless when trying to figure out which candidate will prevail.

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2008, 11:09:57 PM »

I think what sbane is basically talking about is Phil's constant insistence that the polls were wrong.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2008, 12:43:47 AM »

I think what sbane is basically talking about is Phil's constant insistence that the polls were wrong.

He and Harry have a canny inability to ignore reality. At least Harry is nice about it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2008, 12:55:40 AM »

He and Harry have a canny inability to ignore reality. At least Harry is nice about it.

Along with WalterMitty and J. J. (well not quite, he just creates his own reality where a candidate raising $150 million is not good.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2008, 12:58:59 AM »

LOL right. We know you don't have a bias.  Roll Eyes

Harry goes around being a bitter crybaby after defeats. I don't want to toot my own horn but I'm always one of the first to admit I was wrong and send best wishes to the people that won/were right.

And we'll never know if they were right or wrong at that time. Polling isn't fact. Get over it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2008, 01:04:58 AM »

And we'll never know if they were right or wrong at that time. Polling isn't fact. Get over it.

So basically are you saying that you believe there was a Bradley Effect at one point strong enough to flip the state from what polls were saying but then the stock market completely wiped it out? I thought you admitted the Bradley Effect was complete garbage and nonexistant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2008, 01:25:39 AM »

So basically are you saying that you believe there was a Bradley Effect at one point strong enough to flip the state from what polls were saying but then the stock market completely wiped it out? I thought you admitted the Bradley Effect was complete garbage and nonexistant.

When you asked if I still believed in it, I responded "not really."

Ultimately, I think this was the best opportunity for it to be present but people proved that important issues matter more than race. If there wasn't a huge issue like the economic crisis then we could have definitely seen it. After this election and the circumstances, though, I don't think it'll ever surface.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies