WA: Survey USA: Gregoire +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:16:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WA: Survey USA: Gregoire +1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WA: Survey USA: Gregoire +1  (Read 7315 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »

Coming from you...

Wink
Butch McCracken
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 03:45:31 PM »

Ugh... I just don't understand how she is doing so badly in the polls. She has been a better governor than at least Locke and he had a good amount of support. Is it just sympathy for Rossi left over from 2004??

I don't follow Washington State politics but haven't the Democrats controlled the governorship for a quite a while now. It could be possible the voters could decided to elect a Republican governor in a Democratic year?

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 01:28:24 PM »

Isn't it just funny Phil how every time a poll comes out showing Dino within a hairs breath of Gregoire the Dems and most of the Greens from WA on this forum scream bloody murder? Imagine what they do if Rossi was 10pts ahead.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »

Isn't it just funny Phil how every time a poll comes out showing Dino within a hairs breath of Gregoire the Dems and most of the Greens from WA on this forum scream bloody murder? Imagine what they do if Rossi was 10pts ahead.

You don't want to know what we would do if he was ahead by 10.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 03:14:39 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2008, 03:52:49 AM by Ogre Mage »

How touching that so many out of state Republicans are so concerned with our Gubernatorial race.  At least when there was flooding in the SW part of the state Gregoire dropped her campaign events and went to work, which is more than President Bush can say with regards to the flood in New Orleans.  She didn't put a fired horse trader with no disaster relief experience in charge of the operation either.

In fact, Gregoire was praised for her work on the flood, including by Republicans who represent the area.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2004281659_postmanblog14m.html

Rossi, of course, only found fault with her work on the issue.  Typical of him since he can't show any leadership.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 05:28:18 PM »

How touching that so many out of state Republicans are so concerned with our Gubernatorial race. 

We are concerned about the future of this country...
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 07:33:04 PM »

How touching that so many out of state Republicans are so concerned with our Gubernatorial race. 

I feel like Washington has fared better than the rest of the country over the past few years so maybe you guys should try to copy what we have done instead of trying to stop something that has clearly been working for us.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »

I feel like Washington has fared better than the rest of the country over the past few years so maybe you guys should try to copy what we have done instead of trying to stop something that has clearly been working for us.

Cook Co. is definitely doing its part to copy what King Co. has done.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 11:52:37 PM »

"Clearly been working?" Really? 52% disapproval for your incumbent Governor and things are "clearly" working? Or are you calling the fine people of your state stupid?
Daniel Z
Switzerland

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 02:17:05 AM »

"Clearly been working?" Really? 52% disapproval for your incumbent Governor and things are "clearly" working? Or are you calling the fine people of your state stupid?
Yes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 09:15:02 AM »

Yes.

Well just get Christine to say that in an ad and we'll all be happy.  Smiley
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »

Yes.

Well just get Christine to say that in an ad and we'll all be happy.  Smiley

Her approvals are low because she is currently involved in a very negative campaign coming from both sides and truthfully while many people like what she has done as governor they just don't like her as a person.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »

Rossi has similar favorable ratings according to Rasmussen. It's also worth pointing out that the 52 number came from a SUSA poll, which I hope we can all agree has been a little weird this year. But even then, SUSA still says Gregoire is up 1 despite her poor approval ratings. But personally I trust Rasmussen more. I can't recall exactly, but I believe they had something like 43% saying she was doing a good job and 34% saying she was doing a bad job. Not quite the same as "approve or disapprove" but whatever.

And like CultureKing said, Gregoire faces the McCain problem. She's an ugly old bureaucrat up against a handsome young man with an exotic name.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 01:51:28 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2008, 01:53:37 AM by Ogre Mage »

There is quantitative data which supports CultureKing's statement that Washington state has fared better overall than much of the country.  The Financial Times did a survey of all 50 states to see how each one was faring during the economic crisis.  The methodology:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Washington state finished 12th best in the survey out of the 50 states.  Texas was first.  Florida had the dubious distinction of finishing last.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies