Third Presidential debate running commentary thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:57:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Third Presidential debate running commentary thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Third Presidential debate running commentary thread  (Read 14966 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »

McCain will attack Obama and walk around like there's a fire in his ass

Oh, I hope. I've always wanted to see someone stand up and start walking around during a sit down debate.
Really?  What a shame McCain's ADHD and inability to sit down was the best part of the last debate

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think you are completely correct that if McCain were to get up and walk around like he did last time the media would definitely coronate Obama the winner.

The media will coronate Obama the winner tonight no matter what happens unless something happens that takes them off guard.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:09:07 PM »

I'm nearly pissing my pants.  If McCain doesn't win the debate substantially, we are going to have "tax cuts for 95% of Americans".  Oh God.

Or, as Obama told the plumber man, redistribution of wealth to help those below us.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:14:02 PM »

Are people likely to disagree with Obama's idea of "spreading the wealth around" right now?

I'm thinking not.

Well, I guess not. Who needs to work anyway? I can mooch off the rich guy. There's really no need for me to be going to college right now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:16:47 PM »

Are people likely to disagree with Obama's idea of "spreading the wealth around" right now?

I'm thinking not.

Well, I guess not. Who needs to work anyway? I can mooch off the rich guy. There's really no need for me to be going to college right now.
I know, I hate how he didnt make community service credit incentives for people to go to college......wait....he did? Goddamnit.

That has nothing to do with it. Why work hard to get ahead if I'll just get hit hard with taxes the more money I make?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 08:23:12 PM »

I'm thinking not.

I know, I hate how he didnt make community service credit incentives for people to go to college......wait....he did? Goddamnit.

That has nothing to do with it. Why work hard to get ahead if I'll just get hit hard with taxes the more money I make?

How about you try giving a damn about somebody other than yourself?

Because it's not my job to support other people who spent their lives being lazy. In this country, you get what you work for. I don't want to be responsible for having to support people who don't want to work and just want a handout.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »

ACORN is "destroying the fabric of democracy"

lol

You're right. If it benefits your guy, who the  cares! Let everyone and their dog vote!

If this was a Republican leaning group doing it, you'd all be claiming we were stealing yet another election.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 08:43:58 PM »

You're right. If it benefits your guy, who the  cares! Let everyone and their dog vote!

If this was a Republican leaning group doing it, you'd all be claiming we were stealing yet another election.

Whoa... aren't you the guy who opposes government handouts, unless you're about to lose your trust fund?

Talk about hypocrisy.

What on earth does voter fraud have to do with the bailout? You're really grasping at straws. It's kind of sad.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »

McCain is winning this thing, but it really won't change the race. It may keep Obama from winning in a huge landslide, though.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 08:53:52 PM »

You're right. If it benefits your guy, who the  cares! Let everyone and their dog vote!

Whoa... aren't you the guy who opposes government handouts, unless you're about to lose your trust fund?

Talk about hypocrisy.

What on earth does voter fraud have to do with the bailout? You're really grasping at straws. It's kind of sad.

Earlier in this thread, you were bitching about wealth redistribution.

Apparently the only people who don't need to take responsibility for their financial well-being are the people who are already rich.

And until you can explain this discrepancy, I won't stop bringing it up.

P.S. Dumbass rapist.

Wow. Character attacks? You're really pathetic. Does it turn you on to beat up on someone on an online forum? What a sad individual you are. I really expected you'd have a bit more class than BRTD. Oh well.

In response to your question, the bailout was essential unless you wanted our economy to come to a complete halt, in which everyone, not just the wealthy, would be hit hard. Small businesses wouldn't function, much less any other large corporation. Of course, I'm sure you'd want this country to collapse just so your guy will cruise to victory.

But keep it up, Ebowed. Let's see if you can give BRTD a run for head of the trolls! Keep the person attacks coming! It really shows you have an argument.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 09:04:54 PM »

Sorry, I just have some moral qualms with rape.  Shouldn't let that get the better of me, eh?

In response to your question, the bailout was essential unless you wanted our economy to come to a complete halt, in which everyone, not just the wealthy, would be hit hard. Small businesses wouldn't function, much less any other large corporation. Of course, I'm sure you'd want this country to collapse just so your guy will cruise to victory.

Actually, I'm on record as supporting the bailout.  Try again.

Then what is your argument? We agree on this issue. And how does it have anything to do with the shenanigans ACORN is currently involved in? I didn't want the bailout, but I also didn't want our economy to go down the tubes. It was not the time to sit there and stubbornly adhere to principle. Yes, the companies ed up and we need to make sure that doesn't happen again, which your party turned a deaf ear to just as much as mine did, perhaps even more.

Trying to say that my opposition to the fraud ACORN is engaging in is silly because I supported the bailout really doesn't make any sense at all.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »

John McCain: "Americans don't want single-payer." Wrong again John.

LOL

That polls suggests that the public is really uninformed about this issue. But thanks for more memories, Lief.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »

Because late term abortions are "immoral," absent real physical medical risks to the mother, but BS stuff.  Fetuses then have brain waves, they move around in the womb, and some might survive outside the womb. Aborting viable fetuses is close to murder in my mind. Framed in that way, your opinion vis a vis public opinion, is well "extremist," and should be. JMO.

Forcing a woman to die because of her pregnancy is the sign of a true extreme wingnut who should not have any power of any sort in this country.

Uncertified teachers?

How's that going to improve quality?

Teaching is something that takes certain skills, it's not something that gets picked up instantly.

Some teacher certification is just BS. They should make it easier for people with advanced degrees to become teachers, when some gym teacher is teaching science anyways.

Where did Torie say he wanted the mother to die? You realize that not all abortions occur because the mother is going to die.

I'm pro-choice and I oppose overturning Roe v. Wade, but anyone who believes in allowing late term, partial abortions, unless the mother is going to die, is a sign of a true extreme wingnut who should not have any power of any sort in this country.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies