Third Presidential debate running commentary thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:43:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Third Presidential debate running commentary thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Third Presidential debate running commentary thread  (Read 14976 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: October 15, 2008, 08:21:21 PM »

Um. Did McCain just say he'd eliminate a tariff on ethanol to fix the budget deficit? Don't tariffs make us money? Eliminating the tariff would worsen the deficit. What a crazy old man McCain is, haha.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »

Um. Did McCain just say he'd eliminate a tariff on ethanol to fix the budget deficit? Don't tariffs make us money? Eliminating the tariff would worsen the deficit. What a crazy old man McCain is, haha.

No it's a subsidy of ethanol.
You're saying the money made off the tariff is used to subsidize ethanol? I guess that makes sense.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:25:09 PM »

We have a fundamental disagreement on this, but IMO, high tariffs are a crapload of sh**t.  I'm not a crazy old man.
Oh, I'm not arguing about tariffs; I'm generally pretty mixed about them. I'm just saying that talking about cutting tariffs in response to an answer about fixing the budget deficit is weird.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:26:12 PM »

Are people likely to disagree with Obama's idea of "spreading the wealth around" right now?

I'm thinking not.

Well, I guess not. Who needs to work anyway? I can mooch off the rich guy. There's really no need for me to be going to college right now.
I know, I hate how he didnt make community service credit incentives for people to go to college......wait....he did? Goddamnit.

That has nothing to do with it. Why work hard to get ahead if I'll just get hit hard with taxes the more money I make?

How about you try giving a damn about somebody other than yourself?

Because it's not my job to support other people who spent their lives being lazy. In this country, you get what you work for. I don't want to be responsible for having to support people who don't want to work and just want a handout.
Did you work for the trust fund that the taxpayers just reimbursed with a $700 billion bailout? Mm.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »

Ohnoes somebody get McCain a tissue! He looks so sad.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »

Could McCain stop whining please?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 08:34:28 PM »

McCain: "I'm proud of the [racists and xenophobes] that come to my rallies."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

LOL at a Republican complaining about voter fraud.

Also, when Mickey Mouse is allowed to cast a vote, then the Republicans will have a point. Until then, the law will sort out the fake registrations and no voter fraud will be committed.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 08:48:31 PM »

McCain hates talking to people and loves secrets.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 08:54:40 PM »

Well, America only accepts oil from liberal democracies.
Pretty much. Being friends with authoritarian, human rights-abusing governments is fine. BUT IF THEY DON'T TREAT THEIR WORKING CLASS CITIZENS LIKE CRAP, then they're of no use to America.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »

John McCain: "Americans don't want single-payer." Wrong again John.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »

LOL @ one over simplified poll!

You are classic, Lief.
It's important because it is over-simplified. Americans now want healthcare to be socialized. Not universal or more affordable; SOCIALIZED. It's inspiring stuff.

And Obama should use the "lie" word. Now.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 09:12:41 PM »

LOL

That polls suggests that the public is really uninformed about this issue. But thanks for more memories, Lief.
Yep, only rich, educated white males no enough to decide about these complicated issues.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 09:18:53 PM »

McCain thinks that whole "health of the mother" thing is a big scam.
Right-wingers believe that the lives of fetuses are more important than the lives of generally poor, single women, apparently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies