A QUESTION ABOUT BARACK OBAMA'S ECONOMIC PLAN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  A QUESTION ABOUT BARACK OBAMA'S ECONOMIC PLAN
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which candidate would you prefer?
Barack Obama
Ron Paul
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A QUESTION ABOUT BARACK OBAMA'S ECONOMIC PLAN  (Read 2164 times)
palinode
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2008, 11:41:25 PM »
« edited: October 20, 2008, 11:45:03 PM by palinode »

I need to know how Barack Obama will pay for all the investments and tax cuts that he proposes. Can anyone elaborate on that? I am an Obama supporter, but I'd like to have talking points on this issue.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »

I need to know how Barack Obama will pay for all the investments and tax cuts that he proposes. Can anyone elaborate on that? I am an Obama supporter, but I'd like to have talking points on this issue.

Neither Obama nor McCain have been honest with the American electorate, instead promising far more than they can deliver, and essentially ignoring (minimalizing) the real costs.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 11:56:16 PM »

I so don't understand the idea of believing something and then finding talking points to re-enforce your pre-existing belief.  Even if you're a liberal, if that dog won't run, just admit it and stick to ideology.

Both candidates will offer white papers about their economic plans with excessively favorable analyses.  That's just how it's done.

Please try not to double-post Smiley
palinode
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:17:50 AM »

I understand what I've heard Barack say he is using to pay for these proposals, but I am wanting all the figures. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I want to know ALL the numbers.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:41:18 PM »

I so don't understand the idea of believing something and then finding talking points to re-enforce your pre-existing belief.  Even if you're a liberal, if that dog won't run, just admit it and stick to ideology.

Both candidates will offer white papers about their economic plans with excessively favorable analyses.  That's just how it's done.

Please try not to double-post Smiley

First, may I suggest you study up on colloquialisms.  The correct expression is "that dog won't hunt."

Second, yes, you do stick with ideology in preference to facts.  Nice of you to admit it.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »

First, may I suggest you study up on colloquialisms.  The correct expression is "that dog won't hunt."

Second, yes, you do stick with ideology in preference to facts.  Nice of you to admit it.

CARL, at least you're consistent.  Consistently wrong!
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »

CARL, at least you're consistent.  Consistently wrong!

As to my first point:

http://www.iconoclastic.net/metaphordogs/Dogs/entries/thatdogw.html

As to my second, suggest you reread you earlier post, you were the one who stated that if you find a lack of "talking points" to support you "liberal: beliefs you shoud "just admit it and stick to ideology."
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2008, 12:22:17 AM by Alcon »

As to my first point:

http://www.iconoclastic.net/metaphordogs/Dogs/entries/thatdogw.html

As to my second, suggest you reread you earlier post, you were the one who stated that if you find a lack of "talking points" to support you "liberal: beliefs you shoud "just admit it and stick to ideology."

I'm aware I used the idiom incorrectly, but do I make a habit of correcting your ~6 billion grammatical errors?  Not really.  You understood what I said.  You were just being a pedant.  I'm cool with that, but when you try to mask it as a favor instead of aggression, it does you no favors.  (I'm telling you that -- wait for it -- as a favor.)

And I will defer to you as the paragon of intellectual honesty and flexibility, especially after our Alaska polling debate.  How many pages did understanding simple addition take you?  How apologetic were you about the various insults you incorrectly hurled?

Don't worry, all rhetorical.  And all a favor.

(Fake rhetorical sparring is fun Tongue)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 12:13:02 AM »

Paul is a kook. He wants to do away with paper money for starters. He doesn't have a clue. He's a clown.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies