Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited Bill (Vetoed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:33:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited Bill (Vetoed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited Bill (Vetoed)  (Read 11318 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »

Aye
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2008, 11:44:55 PM »

I understand harvesting new blood. Good luck. It won't work, I don't think in this case. I hope my votes have been consistent, but I am taking the day off (it's a glorious day), and am already drinking, so maybe I am not, and will need to revisit it all. Smiley

Inebriation is your state of choice on glorious days?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2008, 12:12:17 AM »

Maybe it's a glorious day because he's inebriated. Wink
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 10:30:17 AM »

Nay
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2008, 10:32:17 AM »

What are your intentions Jas and Torie?  To keep this on the floor until the next senate or something?  I'll keep debate open as long as possible if need be all your doing is stalling which I did last time because it was the END of a senate session.  Backlog a bill like this for two months in hopes that prospects will look brighter? 

And Torie I really don't understand your vote considering you said that regional senate seats would disappear over your dead body Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2008, 11:12:40 AM »

What are your intentions Jas and Torie?  To keep this on the floor until the next senate or something?  I'll keep debate open as long as possible if need be all your doing is stalling which I did last time because it was the END of a senate session.  Backlog a bill like this for two months in hopes that prospects will look brighter? 

And Torie I really don't understand your vote considering you said that regional senate seats would disappear over your dead body Smiley

Correct me if I am wrong here DWTL. This legislation does not get rid of regional seats. It just creates a procedure if they are eventually done away with. Isn't that right? If so, this seems to be something of an onanistic exercise on all sides.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong here DWTL. This legislation does not get rid of regional seats. It just creates a procedure if they are eventually done away with. Isn't that right? If so, this seems to be something of an onanistic exercise on all sides.
You are right about that, but still this is simply a vote for cloture.  Did you think it was a final vote or were you voting against cloture?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2008, 11:33:33 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2008, 11:38:05 AM by Torie »

Hmmm. Is the plan here to filibuster this until the next election or what? Lewis?  If so, I don't think this bill is worth spending that kind of time on, one way or the other. Absent something other than the plan is to keep  someone will keep posting on this thread for the next two months, I will be changing my vote on this. When does this vote time out?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »

aye
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2008, 01:39:54 PM »

Hmmm. Is the plan here to filibuster this until the next election or what? Lewis?  If so, I don't think this bill is worth spending that kind of time on, one way or the other. Absent something other than the plan is to keep  someone will keep posting on this thread for the next two months, I will be changing my vote on this. When does this vote time out?
I haven't the slightest clue why Dwtl is pulling those strange cloture motions here. Although I would like to point out that if you want to filibuster it, you have my support. And if Jas and Al help too, this bill might actually die Wink - thing is though, if it wasn't for that second cloture motion, we'd be in a final vote right now.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2008, 01:51:01 PM »

Cloture motions are fun. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »

I haven't the slightest clue why Dwtl is pulling those strange cloture motions here. Although I would like to point out that if you want to filibuster it, you have my support. And if Jas and Al help too, this bill might actually die Wink - thing is though, if it wasn't for that second cloture motion, we'd be in a final vote right now.

Well, maybe let this one die, and if someone filibusters, bring it back. We need to go to a vote on the merits, but unless there is a filibuster, cloture seems a bit of a bull in the china shop thingy.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »

aye
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2008, 05:34:41 PM »

Seems the attempt to achieve cloture here has failed.
That's why I motioned for cloture again
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2008, 04:52:38 AM »

Well, maybe let this one die, and if someone filibusters, bring it back. We need to go to a vote on the merits, but unless there is a filibuster, cloture seems a bit of a bull in the china shop thingy.
Oddly enough, with activity low, cloture motions can also serve as timewasting measures.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2008, 08:35:50 AM »

Aye
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2008, 03:31:52 PM »

Oddly enough, with activity low, cloture motions can also serve as timewasting measures.

Pretty much. Cloture takes too long given the clip at which the Senate runs.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »

Current vote count:

Aye 5 (Dwtl, PiT, Andrew, Sensei, Happy)
Nay 3 (Lewis, Jas, Torie)
yet to vote 1 (Al)
vacant 1

Times out on the 14th. Needs one extra aye to pass.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »

Torie change your vote or this thing is going to stay out there forever
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008, 01:34:52 PM »

The attempt to achieve cloture has failed.

Final vote count:

Aye 5 (Dwtl, PiT, Andrew, Sensei, Happy)
Nay 3 (Lewis, Jas, Torie)
abstain (did not vote) 1 (Al)
vacant 1

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2008, 01:36:38 PM »

I suppose if I were to bring a cloture motion of my own now in the hope of dragging this thing out yet another week, Torie'd change his vote.

So I'm doing nothing of the kind. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »

I suppose if I were to bring a cloture motion of my own now in the hope of dragging this thing out yet another week, Torie'd change his vote.

So I'm doing nothing of the kind. Smiley

Ya, let us bring this to a vote please. I move for a vote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2008, 02:00:01 PM »

To point out the rules to you:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's not immediately obvious from this portion of the text, but (kind of obviously) votes can't close while we're voting on any kind of motions, amendments, etc either.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So... either you ask for cloture Smiley or you just wait 24 hours (and hope noone debates in here in between - I promise I won't).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2008, 02:04:02 PM »

Fair enough my PPT.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »

In order to try and implement certain key aspects of my party's platform, I propose the following amendment to replace the bill in full:

Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited Bill

1. All Atlasian submarines shall be fitted for screen doors.

2. Asparagus shall be suppliable on demand at Post Offices to all persons whose age is a prime number.

3. The colour silver is hereby banned in Atlasia.

4. The number of letters in the alphabet shall be raised to 32. A Presidential committee shall present new letters for consideration to the Senate within 6 months of this bill's passage.

5. Flan shall hereby be the national dessert.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies