PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:45:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted  (Read 16217 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2008, 06:49:55 AM »

One of those threads that grows ever more charming the more it grows.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2008, 06:55:23 AM »

The police really don't believe her, nor can they substantiate any of this.
anti_leftist
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2008, 08:01:34 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 08:13:29 AM by anti_leftist »

I was just thinking that....except anyone who would've dared to question that girl's story would've been branded a racist. At least the girl in this story isn't an actual slut and hasn't ruined 3-4 specific people's lives with her (questionable) accusation.

On an unrelated, more general note: this thread is really starting to make my head hurt. Some of you need to get lives or new hobbies or hire strippers or something (on both sides)...trying to blame every event on your political opponents and find a way to milk that into political gain is not a healthy way to spend your time.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2008, 09:12:27 AM »

Let's see the polygraph and the video; neither are out, yet.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2008, 10:19:04 AM »

Just out of curiosity is she a volunteer or a paid staffer?  Local radio program indicated she moved from NY to Pittsburgh to work/volunteer for the McCain camp.

Playing devil's advocate here, but if proven false, the next question will be who knew prior....?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »

Just out of curiosity is she a volunteer or a paid staffer?  Local radio program indicated she moved from NY to Pittsburgh to work/volunteer for the McCain camp.

Volunteer.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2008, 10:30:16 AM »

Playing devil's advocate here, but if proven false, the next question will be who knew prior....?

She's a student at Texas A&M.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2008, 10:42:55 AM »

It's almost surely a hoax, folks. Just look at the facts and use some commonsense.

There is likely no sick mugger who takes time to carve an elaborate backward B instead of a simple O. In fact, there are likely no thieves out there who care one way or another about the presidential election. However, there is potentially an erratic McCain supporter who has carved a backward B into her face and made up an outrageous story in an attempt to stoke racist fires in certain areas of Pennsylvania...

We hear you, loud and clear.

Can we now wait for real people to do real investigating so we have some real facts, instead of your largely baseless insistence?
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »

Skepticism is healthy, and it does seem "too good to be true" (politically-speaking).  But that's a pretty boss shiner she's got in that picture.

Let's wait for the evidence, hmm?  I think it's despicable that so many are ready to jump on the "hoax" bandwagon and attribute this to political shenanigans.  Not altogether unsurprising, given the tenor of some discussions on this forum in the past few weeks (and frankly, in our society generally), but despicable nonetheless.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2008, 10:53:43 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 10:59:13 AM by Politico »

Skepticism is healthy, and it does seem "too good to be true" (politically-speaking).  But that's a pretty boss shiner she's got in that picture.

Let's wait for the evidence, hmm?  I think it's despicable that so many are ready to jump on the "hoax" bandwagon and attribute this to political shenanigans.  Not altogether unsurprising, given the tenor of some discussions on this forum in the past few weeks (and frankly, in our society generally), but despicable nonetheless.

We have evidence: The elaborate, well-rounded/straight-line backwards "B."  And this was supposedly done with an assault knife? That is some fine knifesmanship mixed with an apparent case of dyslexia. Apparently the cops should keep an eye out for dyslexic knife experts...

We also have commonsense: Why an elaborate backwards "B" instead of a simple "O"? Not running away from the scene in a clean getaway, but instead looking at her bumper and then turning a simple robbery into a headline news assault, clearly adding to the risk of getting caught and therefore risking years and years of his life in prison? And since when did petty thieves care about or pay attention to presidential politics, anyway?

There's a reason why the cops are not buying the story. It has all the hallmarks of a fabrication and her testimony is clearly not convincing them...
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »

We have evidence: The elaborate, well-rounded/straight-line backwards "B."  And this was supposedly done with an assault knife? That is some fine knifesmanship mixed with an apparent case of dyslexia. Apparently the cops should keep an eye out for dyslexic knife experts...

We also have commonsense: Why an elaborate backwards "B" instead of a simple "O"? Not running away from the scene in a clean getaway, but instead looking at her bumper and then turning a simple robbery into a headline news assault, clearly adding to the risk of getting caught and therefore risking years and years of his life in prison? And since when did petty thieves care about or pay attention to presidential politics, anyway?

There's a reason why the cops are not buying the story. It has all the hallmarks of a fabrication and her testimony is clearly not convincing them...

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2008, 11:08:37 AM »

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Sorry for bursting your bubble.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2008, 11:11:04 AM »

For the first time, I'll be using the ignore button.

I'm not going to waste my time reading or responding to people who present opinion and conjecture as fact.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2008, 11:15:20 AM »

You make an assumption that the "petty thief" was logical.  That often isn't the case.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »

For the first time, I'll be using the ignore button.

I'm not going to waste my time reading or responding to people who present opinion and conjecture as fact.

I asked simple questions that really show how ridiculous this story is. Sorry you don't like the likely answers...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2008, 11:29:17 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 11:31:21 AM by Politico »

You make an assumption that the "petty thief" was logical.  That often isn't the case.

I am not making any assumptions. I just find it hard to believe a petty thief would care about the presidential election. In any robbery, the goal is to get away with the robbery. After clearly getting away with the robbery, why go back to turn a simple robbery into an elaborate assault? I would imagine a robber would get the heck out of dodge ASAP and be keeping an eye on potential witnesses/cops, not his victim's harmless car bumper...

I just don't buy it. I will not be the least bit surprised if her boyfriend beat her up, she used a blunt object to carve a "B" into her face, and then came up with this elaborate story in a misguided attempt to help McCain, "protect" her boyfriend, and make herself more relevant and popular among her colleagues at the local McCain HQ...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »

She has already changed her story.

visit www.post-gazette.com for continuing updates.

Big hoax.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »

Sad that we're up to 13 pages of discussion on this.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 11:49:15 AM by Politico »

She has already changed her story.

visit www.post-gazette.com for continuing updates.

Big hoax.

Yep.

Here is her composite sketch:

Reportedly, he was also going to carve a backwards "D" on the other cheek to signify Dukakis and Democrat but decided the "B" for Bush and Bentsen (he found out she was from Texas, so he thought she would appreciate the "B" to show support for America's most popular Texans) was more than enough...
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #194 on: October 24, 2008, 11:47:50 AM »

The assailant has been located and apprehended.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2008, 11:48:40 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 11:50:23 AM by brittain33 »

Sad that we're up to 13 pages of discussion on this.

It's better than talking about the $150,000 clothing bill. At least no one can blame the McCain campaign for this brat's prank.

And yes, given how incendiary fake charges about black men assaulting white women can be and have been in history, I am quite angry at her for pulling this stunt. I trust I would be about someone faking a more conventional hate crime to get attention.

Also, she's a joke for thinking she could be this amateurish about it and have it all work out in the end.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »

PittsburghChannel reports that the police are requestioning her as she has some inconsistencies and she has changed her story.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »

How much of a total fool does Phil look like now?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »

She made the whole thing up:

"A Pittsburgh police commander says a volunteer for the McCain campaign who reported being robbed and attacked near a bank ATM in Bloomfield has confessed to making up the story. Police say charges will be filed. More details to follow."

http://kdka.com/
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »

Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies